Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switching Bow Brands

Old 06-16-2007, 04:03 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Switching Bow Brands

bottom line is I am going to buy whatever brand and model performs the best for me whether it Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt or Ross

I have to agree, except for the Mathews part. [:'(]
Old 06-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same as when I am shooping for a gun....thye one that givems the best bang for the buck. I am about performance not brand name....I shoot my Reflex and love it. Probably stick with them or Hoyt, but I am always open to a change.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used to be a loyal customer of a certain brand. But they changed to a riser design I don't particularly care for. And compounds today are so close in performance and quality that I doubt I'll ever have that kind of brand loyalty again. Like said above, now it's whoever makes bows that give the best bang for the buck.

I really like the Bear TRX I got on closeout last year for $200.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh young Dainial-son, you will learn.

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

bottom line is I am going to buy whatever brand and model performs the best for me whether it Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt or Ross

Old 06-16-2007, 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

i have to agree except for the hoyt part just kidding going to shot a hoyt today.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

My soon-to-be cousin who i look up too had always shot Hoyt bows so naturally igot one, i cant ever see myself shooting anything.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The brand of a bow means nothing to me. How a bow shoots for me is what I care about. No one is paying me to shoot their brand.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Hoyt and Bowtech guys are always saying look at my new hunting rig this year boys, it's the best ever. Us Mathews guys just say, yes thats a nice one friend I'll just keep shooting this junk Switchback again this year likeI have the last 5.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not now or have I ever been loyal to any company. I don't care as much as most about the performance of a bow, a car, a fishing reel etc. If I like it I like it and if I don't I don't.. it's just that simple.

I've always thought that alot of hunters put way to much insight on their bow and it's performance and not enough insight on their target animal.. but that's just me.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:59 AM

Back in the 90's, I was a nut for high end graphite fly rods. Loomis, Scott, Sage, Winston, etc. Always trying and buying them. Still have over 20 and each one has a place in the fishing world. Some smoother and softer - some faster - some real fast. I see these bows as a similar comodity.

Right now, I have a Hoyt Pro Tec and a Fred Bear Element. Not much interested inseriously considering the purchase ofother bows at this point. Both of these shoot very well and cover all my hunting needs.

Quick Reply: Switching Bow Brands

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.