Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Losing the peep.......

Old 06-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Losing the peep.......

After a lunchtime talk with my archery guru (known to all here as --- THE GERM) I think I'm gonna lose the peep.....and add a kisser button.

I shot 3D last night....and for about the third time in a row....got ticked off. I'm gettin older.....and my eyesight just isn't what it used to be. I wear glasses, but my eyesight isn't so bad that I'm restricted to them when I drive. It's just "annoying".

I guess I'd like to hear what you guys have to say. Right now..... the pin (.019) is "elongated" when I focus on the target. I'm shooting with both eyes open....and it's simply annoying.

It's cheap enough to give ita whirl (lose the peep....add the kisser). So... I guess I will, tonight.

I guess I'll be shootin' from 10 yds for a bit, huh? if I can't get this "down" LONG before deer season.....I can always resort back to the peep, easily enough. I'm just tired of the elongated sight pin.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Losing the peep.......

I don't understand how removing the peep will help withyour problem. Can you explain please?
Old 06-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Might try and drill the peep out a little, make it wider. Or you can do what I did, laser surgery.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try a No-Peep and see what you think. I've used one for about 5 years now and love it.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't KNOW it will, either, huntingson. But I'm willing to give it a try. We'll see.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Huntingson it will work because I command it

RESPECT!!
Old 06-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

edit. miss read.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Dominant Buck

have you tried to shoot with your glasses on?
yes[X(][:-]
Old 06-15-2007, 12:36 PM

It can definetly work, I know plenty of guys that shoot a kisser w/ no peep sight. Something to keep in mind.....You will be shooting quite a bit to the left...(or maybe right, I can't remember) because you will be looking next to the string, not through it. Nothing that can't be remedied by moving your sight, just something to keep in mind.

I tried it, and just couldn't do it. Even w/ a kisser button I couldn't shoot vertically consistent. If you tilt your head even the slightest little bit, the kisser will still be in the corner of your mouth but it will cause you to hit high/low.......

That may be your answer though......Good luck.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

It can definetly work, I know plenty of guys that shoot a kisser w/ no peep sight. Something to keep in mind.....You will be shooting quite a bit to the left...(or maybe right, I can't remember) because you will be looking next to the string, not through it. Nothing that can't be remedied by moving your sight, just something to keep in mind.

I tried it, and just couldn't do it. Even w/ a kisser button I couldn't shoot vertically consistent. If you tilt your head even the slightest little bit, the kisser will still be in the corner of your mouth but it will cause you to hit high/low.......

That may be your answer though......Good luck.
mobow that is why I have the 3 anchors

Hand on ear, noise on string, kisser just for the hell of it

Quick Reply: Losing the peep.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.