Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Losing the peep.......

Old 06-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Losing the peep.......

I tried shooting without the peep.

My group size opened up to about 4 " @ 25 yards.

At first I was really distressed about giving up 2" or so of accuracy.

I stayed with it and realized very quickly the extra 10 or more minutes a day of PRIME hunting time was well worth it.

I don't use an actual kisser, just a few half hitches of serving thread and a little string wax - good to go.

As far as shooting on one side of the string - don't sweat it.

Keep shooting and try moving your anchor point around and you will find a new spot that will line you up on one side or another.

For me all it took was changing from a wrist strap release to a "T" handle.

I am not saying this is the HOT set up for all archery shooting - but- for shooting Eastern whitetails it is thebest set up I have tried.

When I got rid of the peep, I also got rid of all those confusing and blurry pins. When speeds hit the 250-260 mark one pin set @ 28 yds and regular practice was all a fellow needed towack and stack em.

Leo

Old 06-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ
I have no Idea and can not even spell "respect" right[&:]
I just figured that "REPECT" was a result of all of your heavy lifting trying to be more like Hunsucker.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: Germ
I have no Idea and can not even spell "respect" right[&:]
I just figured that "REPECT" was a result of all of your heavy lifting trying to be more like Hunsucker.
Hunsuckers is not even in my league
Old 06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

GM...do you shoot with your glasses on?....unless your eye is right up to your peep(which i doubt it is) then i don't think itis limiting the light going into your eye.....

let us know if removing a peep worked for you.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kisser to the corner of mouth, nose to the string, line up pin through peep. Great combo,works for me.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Thats one heck of a nice range GMMAT!!!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

It doesn't take too long to adjust to not using a peep. I shot about a month this year without a peep after I bought my bow. Actually thought about not putting the peep on at all. When I was young I didn't use a peep for years.

Put the pin tip on the edge of the string and you are good to go. I like looking on the left side of the string better than the right. That way only the tip of the pin is showing compared to the other side where the whole pin is showing.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

It can definetly work, I know plenty of guys that shoot a kisser w/ no peep sight. Something to keep in mind.....You will be shooting quite a bit to the left...(or maybe right, I can't remember) because you will be looking next to the string, not through it. Nothing that can't be remedied by moving your sight, just something to keep in mind.

That's right.. if your form and anchor points are consistant you can manage without one. I kind of like it when I am breaking in a new string before I put in the peep. I think I could get used to it.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Good News / Bad News

First....the bad news. Bad news is....losing the peep did nothing to help the situation I already shoot with both eyes open....and I lose looking through the peep once I have it aligned witht he sight ring (essentially...losing the peep).

Good news is.....it's the lighting in the range. It's an old grocery store....and all the overhead lighting is old flourescent fixtures. When I go outside.....everything's fine.

So....I'm going to be frustrated indoors.....and be fine, outdoors. I can live with that.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot with a kisser and without a peep for hunting.
I also use a pendulim sight (one pin theory) I have always been able to hit what I am shooting at but this year I moved my pin from vertical to horizontal in the swing. Since doing this my groups have tightend up.
Another benefit of moving the pin is that I get a crosshair effect with the string and pin, eliminatinglooking to the side of the string to see the pin.
Once the horizontal pinis on target it tells me if my grip is twisting the bow.
I have attached a picture, you can see the cross hair effect with the pin and shadow of the stringon the wall.
Good luck and happy shooting.

Quick Reply: Losing the peep.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.