Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Losing the peep.......

Old 06-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Losing the peep.......

ORIGINAL: Germ

Huntingson it will work because I command it

REPECT!!
HA! ALL HAIL CAESAR!!!! I wasn't doubting that shooting without a peep can work, I just don't know how it wouldhelp someone seethe sight pinsbetter. Is the thought that there won't be anything close to the eye that could make it more complicated for the eye to focus on the pin?
Old 06-15-2007, 12:47 PM

Due to the peeps close proximity to your pupil, and the fact that it restricts light, it causes your pupil to dialate. And if you've ever been to the eyedoctor and had your pupils dialated, you'll know that most things up close become blurry for a while. Same situation here. It just effects some more than others.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: Germ

Huntingson it will work because I command it

REPECT!!
HA! ALL HAIL CAESAR!!!! I wasn't doubting that shooting without a peep can work, I just don't know how it wouldhelp someone seethe sight pinsbetter. Is the thought that there won't be anything close to the eye that could make it more complicated for the eye to focus on the pin?
I have no Idea and can not even spell "respect" right[&:]

What is in bold is my thought. You all get a few more extra's

Low light
Not having to worry about a peep.
I think you can shoot and aim faster, but I have never used a peep so I do not know.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:55 PM

No doubt kisser button is effective. I used one for years but I do feel with a peep I am more accurate.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't use a kisser with my peep.....but if I lose the peep....I need that anchor.

This is worth a try. I was telling germ....shooting 3D....I can still hit what I'm aiming at....I just HATE looking at that elongated pin.

For hunting....this wouldn't bother me a bit. I tend to shoot more targets than I do deer, though.....and it's simply annoying.

I guess my only other option is a clarifier peep. I sure don't want have to deal with a little lens that can get dirty.....but I might have to down the road.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

not sure I understand the elongated pin- is the pin blurry on the end and difficult to see

I went the route a few years ago and went back to the peep quickly just could not get used of looking beside the string - sure will enough practice it would be a better option

I had a similar problem when using a multiple pin sight - pins were blurred and had to concentrate - I starting using a single pin sight and will never go back to multiple pins - sight it in at 25 yards for hunting and will cover most hunting ranges in the east effectively -

so to sum it up my experience it was difficult and "frustrating" to try and transition from peep to no peep
Old 06-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Dominant Buck

thanks, brknarrow.

I have time before the season starts to try it. I also shoot a "little" 3D (not too much competition....but I have an awesome range to practice in)....and 1 pin won't cut it for me for that application.

Here's our indoor range.....2 miles from my house!

Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I say; buy a 12ga. 11-87. Load it up with 1oz. Winchester super X slugs and bash a huge hole in those suckers! They will fall right over like you screamed "Play dead" to a good dog!

Aiming is a breeze too with the fiber sight pins....

Just kidding man, good luck and letus know how it works out.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome range first of all - very nice set-up

Secondly - the single pin I use is made by HHa and you can sight in for several different ranges -just takes a few seconds but may not be the best method for hunting - I just prefer the single aiming point and also being able to see on either side of the pin- it is a vertical

to your point you have plenty of time to sort through different things and see what performs the best - for me it turned out to be the single pin option - good luck and hope things work out I know how frustrated i was a few years ago
Old 06-15-2007, 02:23 PM

gmmat have you looked into the anchor sight. I dont know a whole lot about it personally but from what I read it may solve your problem. here is there web site http://www.archeryinnovations.com/ hope this helps.

Mark

Quick Reply: Losing the peep.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.