Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Accessories... Just Get What You Need

Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Accessories... Just Get What You Need

This is what I have on my bow:

-Arrow Rest (I have a whisker bisket) (The drop-awayseems to be very popular as well)
-Bow Sight (with bubble level recommended) (3 Pin Start for Bow-hunters)
-Peep Sight
-Quiver
-Dampers (Limbsaver Ultras to each limb and attaching stringsilencers tothe bowstring)
-Stabilizer
-Kisser Button (helps with keeping the same anchor point consistently)

This is what I think to recommend to any new bow-hunter; anything else you would recommend?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Accessories... Just Get What You Need

String loop if that is what you prefer. Other than that it looks like you've got it covered.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

My setup is USUALLY a stabilizer, a flipper rest, Limbsavers, spiderlegs and a nockset. And the stabilizer is optional.

Sometimes I'll get a wild hair and put sights and a peep on, and a loop if I want to use a release, but only if I want to shoot a certain class in 3D. For hunting, my bows don't wear sights and I don't use a release.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TexasOaks

-Arrow Rest (I have a whisker bisket) (The drop-wayseems to be very popular as well)
-Peep Sight
-Quiver
-Dampers (Limbsaver Ultras to each limb and attaching stringsilencers tothe bowstring)
-Stabilizer

This is what I think to recommend to any new bow-hunter; anything else you would recommend?
I don't think that you can say what accessories will work for everyone. I think its all up to the indivual person, and what type of hunting they are doing. Examplefor antelope hunting or mule deer hunting here in the west where the shots can be either long or short range, most hunters want at least a 4 or 5 pin sight. Some prefer a single pin slider, and others might want a fancy 7 pin, again it just depends upon the hunter and his or her style. Adding to your list, on my own bows I have to have a wrist sling period.On theother hand I hate using a kisser button, and don'thave them on any of my bows.I do like the drop away rests but many archers don't and thank heavns manufactures many many styles to keep many archery happy. Another thin my bows ware is a sling. I do a lotof elk hunting where walking many miles a day can be involved I have to have a bow sling. I myself like the Primos bow sling but there are severl good bow slings on the market. So my point is accessories just like bows have many options to meet the many wants of archers and its a good thing too.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

ORIGINAL: TexasOaks

-Arrow Rest (I have a whisker bisket) (The drop-wayseems to be very popular as well)
-Peep Sight
-Quiver
-Stabilizer

Examplefor antelope hunting or mule deer hunting here in the west where the shots can be either long or short range, most hunters want at least a 4 or 5 pin sight. Some prefer a single pin slider, and others might want a fancy 7 pin, again it just depends upon the hunter and his or her style.
I was just saying a place to start for pin selections. How do you know what you need until you actually start doing?