Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rubber Boots.....Anybody ever hear this?

Old 06-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rubber Boots.....Anybody ever hear this?

Moho speaks the gospel.

I was hunting my first season.....and I like to walk through a creek.....getting water and then mud on my boots before actually walking to stand.

I'd patterned these same 4 does for several days.....and I knew they'd come by....just didn't know if I'd have sufficient light to see to shoot by. 'Ol mama doe comes by last.....in the dark....and sticks her nose STRAIGHT to the ground.....RIGHT on my entry trail. She followed it RIGHT to the base of my tree. I could see her.....but didn't have enough light to see my pins.

I also had FAWNS do the same thing, last year, in a field.....on more than one occasion. Rubber boots aren't the "end all".....but there's something to be said (and likely TRIED) to MOho's method.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

This wasn't off the Lacrosse website was it? I'm kiddin, ofcourse. I never heard of any loss of rubbers ability to retain scent.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Take it or leave it, Motown? I'll leave it... I'll just keep on wearing my good ol' black Converse All-Stars and stomp a cow pie or three during a day of hunting. You have to do pretty muich the same thing when wearing rubber boots - to cover up the smell of those volatile oils and stuff that leach out of the synthetic rubber, no doubt - and my canvas shoes are a heckuva lot more comfortable than rubber when the October temps are up in the 80's and 90's.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can only lead you to the water Author, I can't make you drink it.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Go barefoot and walk through smashed apples and cow crap before going into the woods.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lead me to a bottle of scotch, Motown, and then we'll talk. [8D]
Old 06-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok but I'll stick with milk.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Sounds like a rumor that a person who is in the business to sell boots would start...
Thats what im thinkin
Old 06-30-2007, 08:04 PM

ive shoot a deer or two,and i been useing my boots for five yrs.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Guys, if you think ole Mossy Horns can't smell where you stepped your fooiling yourselves. Your enty and exit to stands is one of the major keys to getting a mature big racked buck. I have found that hedge apples make a great cover. Pile you some up right where you park your truck. Smash a couple of them up and walk on them twisting your feet to get it in the soles good, than put a rubber glove on and rub the rest of the boot with them. Deer gospel guys, take it or leave it.
Amen to that--preach it brother!I do try to find something natural to step in and to crush ynder my boots, or to walk in or through a creek and mud.

Quick Reply: Rubber Boots.....Anybody ever hear this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.