Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wb rest- bristles out of place????

Old 06-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Spike

Default wb rest- bristles out of place????

The bristles on my WB rest are out of place, is this normal after use??? Or is there some other issue?

thanks for your help........
Old 06-15-2007, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: wb rest- bristles out of place????

Do you have a picture of the bristles? most of the time you can just kind play wiht them and theyll go back. If not you may have some other problem. You may be shooting the wrong bisket for your arrow type but a picture speaks a 1000 words.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:09 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

I get the same thing and just flick-um with the tip ofmy finger, they go right back into place (I'm sure you've found this out already). I just assumed it was from the vanes going through and nothing actuallywrong with the biscuit because my groups are good. If it is in fact a problem I'm sure someone will reply here and get us straight.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:34 AM

Dumb question . . . Your fletches aren't going through the black bristles are they? They should straddle them. My WB had a few wild hairs after 2 years and a couple hundred shots, but not so they would throw off the shot. This spring I put a nice drop-away rest on and am much happier.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:19 PM

Drop away rest! No more promblems.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

My bristles stay in place for the most part, except an occasional bristle or two, and I just press back into position, no problem. Yes, your vanes have to straddle the black support bristles, cock vane up, good luck.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:31 PM

Something else to consider . . . are your fletches glued on straight, or have some drgree of helicle. Because my bow yech glues mine on straight because it was a WB and even aded a drop or two extra glue on the leading edge. The WB's can be kind of tough on fletches.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Spike

Yeah, they're glued on straight.....and its a lot more then one or two out of place, that's what made me nervous. The one on my old bow never did that. I thought i read a post in the past where someone else was having a similar problem. Thanks.....
Old 06-18-2007, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

To me it looks as if youre arrows a little too big for that wb. you shoudl be able to see light around the top portion of the wb. other than from the pic i dont see anything to be concerned about. if the bristles that are causing the problem cant be put back in place by using the flick technique just trim them back. but if you have too many that wont into place you may have to replace the insert.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:27 AM

wis bow . . . that was another guy's WB photo.

pennsy . . . can you post a picture?
Does it shoot good? Group your shots like it should?

Quick Reply: wb rest- bristles out of place????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.