Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Big Bucks........ pics

Old 06-12-2007, 09:32 PM

Default The Big Bucks........ pics

Well guys, the big bucks aren't on my property this summer[:-] My buddy gave me 100 pounds of corn and 100 pounds of Antler King Protein Pellets so I decided to set-up the feeder in a funnel on my property between a swamp and the incredibly thick brush that the big bucks bedded in all last year. Well, after a week with hundreds upon hundreds of pics the feeder is now empty and I didn't get any big bucks on camera, nothing that even appears like they are going to be even decent. I had a feeling that this might happen this year as the fields that were planted in Soybeans last year are now corn.... this isn't a bad thing though, this could be a very good thing. I believe that this means the big bucks are across the road in my "honey hole" property that is off limits to everybody but my two friends, my grandfather and I. There was a selective timber harvest in my honey hole property in December and this has really changed alot of things. Alot of the harvested trees were in the bedding areas of the deer but this actually made the bedding area better by have a bunch of deadfalls mixed in with the green briar that was already there. The good thing is that there are now some trails from the machines that should make for some great spots to hunt. I will be moving my camera over to that property this weekend and hopefully the big guys are over there. Well, even though there are no big racks, I did get alot of great pictures that I figured I would share with you.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Big Bucks........ pics

Thats too bad you didnt get any big boys but still some nice pics
Old 06-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Pics. As long as nobody shoots them, there will be some good ones for the future.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool pics, thnx for sharing.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those big boys have to be somewhere and it seems like you know where. Good luck finding them and please post some pics.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:53 AM

nice pic
Old 06-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm confident that those big guys will eventually show up on your place. I seem to get a few very respectable bucks that don't begin to move onto my property until late July and into August. Soon enough, they'll show themselves. Keep us posted bud?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking pics!!! Those cuddebacks take some nice quality photos.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zubba

Nice looking pics!!! Those cuddebacks take some nice quality photos.

You got that right. Those are the clearest pictures ive even seen from a trail cam.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well you could always let those ones grow up to be big boys...

Quick Reply: The Big Bucks........ pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.