Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Truck Question

Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Truck Question

I'm close to buying a 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4 X 4. Anybody have one or heard anything?

Auto Tran., 92K miles, $7,000
Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Truck Question

Sounds like a decent deal, if its in really good shape. Make sure you check the 4x4 and the 4x4 low. Put it in four wheel low and turn the wheel sharp and press the gas. You will be able to feel it if it engages. In Colorado you can pay a mobile mechanic about a $100 dollars to come out and do a inspection. It might be worth the extra dough just to make sure it's in good shape. If you decide to buy it, and if the situation is appropriate,offer at least 2 thousand less than what he's asking, and you just might get it for that. You can always go up on your offer, but usually, you can't go down. Good Luck!

P.S. If you don't make the deal, fly to Denver, and I'll sell you a ranger. I've been selling them for 11 years!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a '99 Mazda four doorwhich is basically the same truck. I haven't had any problems with mine so far (knock, knock). It has 110,000 now and I bought it with 30,000 in '04. The price sounds pretty decent.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:02 AM

no ford makes some of the best dependable trucks. does it have the 3.0 or the 4.0 motor. the 4.0 it the better choice with more power