Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you feel bad placing restrictions?

Old 06-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Would you feel bad placing restrictions?

I agree witht this too, KP. Rob/PA's coming back down to hunt with me during the early season, here.

I told him a long time ago......shoot anything you want. Of course....if he shoots the buck I'm after.....he'd better hang him up, prominently!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think it would be looking a gift horse in the mouth if someone were to get upset over restrictions. I would honor your restrictions and be grateful for the opportunity to hunt. I often have guests hog hunting with me. They ask if there are restrictions. I say no kill what you want and as many as you want. I have thought a bit about asking people not to kill one particular large hog I'm at war with. But I won't. If one of my friends gets him so be it. I've enjoyed the pursuit. If I ever did place restrictions and someone had a problem with them it would be the last time they were ever my guest.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I am your guest in an area that you brought me in to,private or public wouldn't matter to me.I would respect your wishes!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff .... like I believe everyone has said, there shopuldn't be a problem. If there is, that will just prove to you that they aren't as much your friend as you may have thought they were ..... when I get out there some day, I will be going to hunt with YOU, so whatever YOUR rules are .......well ...... like my Kansas friend says ........gospel
Old 06-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

You really have to watch "friends". I have a prime spot that I invited a fiend, I mean "friend", to hunt. After they pull the trigger, what can you do. I would impose antler restrictions, trust me, most guys cannot tell 3.5y/o from a 1.5 y/o. Hope it works for ya and if you want a few does killed let me know, I think they make better lookin' mounts anyhow.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

This is kind of a stupid question in my opinion. If it’s your land (own, lease, ect) then any one you take should be happy to have an opportunity to hunt with you. The only thing you should do is let your friend know what the rules are when you invite them. Just make sure that they understand what a 3 ½ yr old deer is too. And if some one doesn’t like the rules then they don’t have to go, it’s there choice. Believe me you should have no problem finding some one to go hunting with you.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

If this is an invite I promise to only shoot a monster.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't read since the first post, but I have no problem setting restrictions on the people I allow to hunt on my property. I can guarantee though that I wouldn't put them anywhere I wouldn't sit, and they would definitely have a fair shot at taking an animal as well. I think last year APAJaws saw and passed more bucks on my property than I did. I put too much $$$ into that place and worked too much on the logging, bedding areas, and food plots and have passed a lot of 1-2 year olds for them to get shot by someone else.

Now if I am hunting with someone at any other place than what my family and I are paying taxes on, shoot what makes you happy as long as it's legal. I don't care if I showed you the spot or not, shoot whatever gets your pulse going. God knows I shot plenty of dinks with a bow. At least I can say I have never shot a buck smaller than my last though......this is what I aim for
Old 06-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would if the hunters werejust starting out other than that no I would not.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not at all. I think anyone you invite to hunt with you, should hunt by the same guide lines, you or the land owner has layed down. If the other hunter doesnt like the guide lines or rules then theres the gate, make sure you close it on your way out. If one adhears by the rules or guidlines set, this may make him a better hunter in the long run and may have some great rewards in the end. I know when my sister in laws brother comes up once in a while to bow hunt with me, he knows whats game and whats not. Last year he took a 7 point cull buck.