Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Is The Best Way To Remove A Brass Nocking Set From A Bow String??????

Old 06-10-2007, 12:17 PM

Default What Is The Best Way To Remove A Brass Nocking Set From A Bow String??????

I am ordering a new string and I do not have no more nocking sets, and I was wondering how to remove it from the old string so I can put iton my new one......Any tips would help.. Thanks alot!!!!

caleb
Old 06-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Is The Best Way To Remove A Brass Nocking Set From A Bow String??????

You can buy newnocking points from most stores that sell archery releted items. I would also get a set nocking pliers to put the new one on your string.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:28 PM

Default RE: What Is The Best Way To Remove A Brass Nocking Set From A Bow String??????

But I might do that but how can i remove it???????
Old 06-10-2007, 12:30 PM

With said nocking pliers......
Old 06-11-2007, 01:53 PM

I personally would not take a brass nock off from one string and then put it on a brand new string. Too much of a risk of messing up the new string if there is a burr or something on the old nock. Nocks are pretty cheap, strings not so much, at least not good ones.

Better yet use a tied on nock or a string loop instead, they weigh less and are easier to adjust.

Paul
Old 06-11-2007, 03:40 PM

If you have some serving thread you can serve in a nock point rather than using the brass nockset. I haven't used a brass nockset in 10 years. If you do decide to do it, there are specially made nockset pliers with a wedge on the end that are perfect for taking off old nocksets but you really can't justify the expense unless you're doing it a lot. I'm with Paul that it's worth it just to get a new nockset rather than trying to re-use an old damaged one.