Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Kill" / "Harvest" / "PC"

Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM

Default RE: "Kill" / "Harvest" / "PC"

What's wrong with it? Nothing really. I dunno......I'm trying to think of a way to explain my position.......This type of philosophy has become incredibly prevalant in society today. The world teaches us we need to be conservative and tolerant and men need to be sensitive wusses.....

I understand ya'll taking other folks feelings into consideration, but what about OUR feelings (and I don't mean us, as in those of us that use the word kill. I mean us, as a whole, hunters......us)???? Why do WE need to be considerate of them, why can't they be considerate of us, the way we are, the way we talk and considerate of the fact that we KILL deer?? I know that sounds selfish, but I don't mean it that way.....The world doesn't revolve around me, I understand that. If I step back and let it, the sun will rise all on it's own, and the world will revolve all on it's own, without any help from me.......So I truely don't mean that in a self centered way, but why am I the one that has to be tolerant? Why can't the world be tolerant of us??
Old 06-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do unto others.......
Old 06-11-2007, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Do unto others.......
Agreed, but that is a 2 way street. I do unto them (by changing my vocabulary) but they don't do unto us (hunters). In fact, they begin to DEMAND that I do it, and if I don't they try to take away our rights and tell us our beliefs are wrong, that we are cruel and in general just bad people.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

For many of them that is true. They care not a lick about us or our rights to kill. However for many more, the vast majority of them, they do care about individual's rights. They may not care about hunting or hunters but they do care about americans having rights. They may be the same folks that just don't want to hear the bloody truth. For them I can be flexible. Mobo, I know we don't know each other except through a keyboard but I think you know me well enough to know I won't bend to antis. Its not the antis I try to accomodate. It is John and Jane q Public. Those middle of the road folks that may be OK with me hunting, maybe even a little curious, but they don't want a picture in thier head of a dead and bloody deer. Why don't they have to accomodate me? Sheer numbers. That is a sad but true reality. I can't express my views any clearer than I have. This has been an interesting and thought provoking debate for me. I'm grateful for that, its one of the things I like about this site. With that I will agree to disagree with some of you and withdraw from this one. Thank you,(most of you), for keeping it respectful, Greg.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mobo you seem to be describing an ARA by the way I read it, but I could just be reading to much into it.

I work in a liberal town. At our company auction I donated the backstaps of my buck last year. The owner of our company bought the straps and we had a wonderful conversation about hunting. He had never hunted before in his life, and was very curious. He told me a couple weeks later how he enjoyed learning about hunting from someone who hunts.

I had a very tasteful picture at our auction that was showed on the big screen, and I told my story on how I shot the buck. I hope that day I won a few people over. To me it is not about my right, but it is about my son's right to hunt someday. So I am going to promote huting the best way I know how. That may mean using a word like "Harvest" or it main mean using the word "kill". I do not know, but my main goal is to promote hunting in a postive light. If that means not saying any word to some non-hunters I am fine with that mobo. I do that so I can sit back with guys like you and say "mobo you killed that 150'' but good"
Old 06-11-2007, 07:57 PM

I can respect that germ....One question.....what's ARA?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

animal rights activist
Old 06-11-2007, 08:03 PM

Oh....yeah, you're reading too much into it.....
Old 06-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

OK I stink, LOL
Old 06-11-2007, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

OK I stink, LOL
Thought I smelled somethin...

Quick Reply: "Kill" / "Harvest" / "PC"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.