Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Kill" / "Harvest" / "PC"

Old 06-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: "Kill" / "Harvest" / "PC"

So what happens when the PC blowhards start feeling the word 'harvest' is offensive, are you going to keep on changing to please them??? When does it stop???

It is what it is, killing!...............speaking of killing, I'm going to go now and kill a few beers!
Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff,I repect your decision totally .... I may have done the same thing in your circumstance ... I wasn't in the moment

Some of you other guys essentially are saying that if the word kill is used by someone when they are talking about killing a deer, they are .... let's see ...."whitetail cavemanmercenaries" ... or that they are not as considerate. You must really stress as you walk though life wondering what to say to who ... so as not to offend. I understand that you agree with what Jeff did .... I may have also ... what gets me is the fact that you talk as if you live in fear of offending someone, and in doing so, they might look upon our sport in a negative light .... be who you are ... they have no prob;em with being who they are ....
Old 06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't live in fear of offending anyone. I choose not to out of common courtesy. I don't worry about what I say or who I say it to. And I certainly am true to myself. I don't call names here, I respect others, both here and in all other areas of my life. If anyone thinks that makes me a sell outthats OK by me. I'll still sleep well at night. I also plan to teach my young daughter about respecting others and their opinions and feelings. Why would I go through life offending someone if I can avoid it by doing something so simple as changing a word? ya'll go ahead and be "true" to yourselves and offend all the folks you want to. I don't believe I will.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I don't live in fear of offending anyone. I choose not to out of common courtesy. I don't worry about what I say or who I say it to. And I certainly am true to myself. I don't call names here, I respect others, both here and in all other areas of my life. If anyone thinks that makes me a sell outthats OK by me. I'll still sleep well at night. I also plan to teach my young daughter about respecting others and their opinions and feelings. Why would I go through life offending someone if I can avoid it by doing something so simple as changing a word? ya'll go ahead and be "true" to yourselves and offend all the folks you want to. I don't believe I will.
Greg .... I think for the most part, most of this post is one big misunderstanding .... I believe that most guys on HNI, would not purposly offend others .... I just don't believe they would ..... that being said, when I come down to Texas and hunt with you, I will KILL some of those nasty swine
Old 06-11-2007, 03:13 PM

Oh MY!!![] Reading this post gave me a headache. Bottom Line: You can't please everyone. As hunters, everyone here needs to stick together because there are too many people out there trying to take away our rights!
That being said it's time to go kill something, I'm hungry.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my opinion, regarding being PC and people being offended, not just in this manner but in society in general is this......The constitution does not guaruntee people to go thru thier entire lives without being offended!
It may be one thing to go around dropping the f bomb and being vulger, but if in everyday ordinary talk you happen to offend somebody...it is much more THIER problem than yours. But sadly in this day and age such is not the case.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

txjourneyman,

I hear what you are saying, but it can lead to a verbal straightjacket.
We all should try not to purposefully offend people, its just that the standards of what offends people are shifting and narrowing. Everyone is in a victim group now (except a WASP like myself), and it seems like too many people are carrying around chips on their shoulders looking to "be offended." It also can make people sound so stuffy, careful and boring. Most good jokes are "offensive" to someone.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

txjourneyman,

I hear what you are saying, but it can lead to a verbal straightjacket.
We all should try not to purposefully offend people, its just that the standards of what offends people are shifting and narrowing. Everyone is in a victim group now (except a WASP like myself), and it seems like too many people are carrying around chips on their shoulders looking to "be offended." It also can make people sound so stuffy, careful and boring. Most good jokes are "offensive" to someone.
I agree wholeheartedly that the PC world is getting out of hand. I just don't think its too much of a stretch to say, " I got a doe this weekend", as opposed to , " I killed a doe this weekend". Don'ttake my posts about being considerate to others the wrong way. Or as they said when I was in the penitentiary, " Don't take my kindness for weakness". I won't let an anti run over me in conversation to avoid a confrontation. I will take that head on and give better than I get. I promise you that!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool
I'm going to go now and kill a few beers!
I am joining you right now.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Agreed and I will be teaching my daughter the same thing .

All we are saying is that, if you have a choice, then what is wrong with choosing the least offensive way.

Quick Reply: "Kill" / "Harvest" / "PC"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.