Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a morning.....

Old 06-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default What a morning.....

I would say "nothing special".....but I got tin the woods this morning and photo'd some deer......got home....played with my retriever.....and now I'm sipping coffee on my patio....posting on the internet....and the woods sound like an episode of "gobblin Fever".

I've also got the bard owls talkin' back and forth.

I'd say "nothing special".....but that'd be lying.

Have a great weekend.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What a morning.....

Now thats SPECIAL. Be thankful for what you have becasue alot of people dont have that in their lives. I know everytime I take trip through my woods, or sit in a stand, I thank God for blessing me with such beauty and bliss. Dont take it for granted cause someday....it could all be gone.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a wonderful morning to me, Jeff ...... I'll be moving at the end of the month to a more rural location, and morning like you just had are what I am looking forward to the most ...
Old 06-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Wis:

I talk a lot about being in the suburbs.....but I'm sitting out here now....on the back of my 3 acres. My "next door neighbor" to my leftis on 24 acres.....and the one to my right has 24. The house "behind" me is on 17 acres.

It's a beautiful little spot, back here.

Yep. We're blessed. It's been a great day.....
Old 06-09-2007, 06:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

It is a beautiful spot, My wife and I have had the opportunity to enjoy that exact spot, shooting some arrows, sitting and talking, enjoying a beverage or two etc...great spot Jeff and that does sound like a beautiful morning. It's been a while since I've heard a gobbler, that's icing on the cake.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Rob...It's been like this since the season ended. they go crazy all day long, now. If I went in the house and got the slate, right now.....I promise you I'd hear 4 or 5 gobblers (Ok, Ok,.....I know cause I DID it a few times).

PT....Good to hear from you. I'm happy for you that you're goin' rural! Come on in....the water's fine.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I would say "nothing special".....but I got tin the woods this morning and photo'd some deer......got home....played with my retriever.....and now I'm sipping coffee on my patio....posting on the internet....and the woods sound like an episode of "gobblin Fever".

I've also got the bard owls talkin' back and forth.

I'd say "nothing special".....but that'd be lying.

Have a great weekend.

Great!!! We should always appreciate the things in life that really matterTo me there is nothing in life more important than Family, Friends, and God/Nature
Old 06-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Rob...It's been like this since the season ended. they go crazy all day long, now. If I went in the house and got the slate, right now.....I promise you I'd hear 4 or 5 gobblers (Ok, Ok,.....I know cause I DID it a few times).

PT....Good to hear from you. I'm happy for you that you're goin' rural! Come on in....the water's fine.

I've been there before, Jeff, and I am soooooo lookingforward to it .... wish I was there sippin' coffee on the porch with ya.......
Old 06-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Kinda sounds like my house, i have 50 acres of woods/fields/ponds, and my uncle has 50 acres of the same right across the road. Were in rural ohio and im over 5 miles to the next town.