Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DANG! Split limb! UPDATE W/PIC

Old 06-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default DANG! Split limb! UPDATE W/PIC

Was out taking a few practice shots this afternoon in preparation for my hog hunt tonight. I was shooting all over the place. I also thought my bow was a bit noisier than normal. It is usually whisper quiet. I got to checking things out and found a split in my lower limb. It runs from the limb pocket all the way to the cam cut out. It is only visible on the bottom side of the limb so it is not all the way through. I have talked to Diamond and it should be a pretty quick turn around. I also talked to a guy at a local shop. He may pull the limbs from a shelf bow for me. I'll know more tomorrow when I take it in.
I'm bummed about my hunt tonight. I'll have to take the percussion muzzleloader. I'm just not good enough with the recurve yet.
I've been shooting this bow for two years now and this is the first problem I've had. Oh well, I guess it happens. I am not at all upset with Diamond or the quality of the product they put out. I shoot a lot and this bow has held up well for the 2 years I've owned it. I guess thats what a lifetime warranty is for.
EDIT: Here is a pic

Old 06-08-2007, 03:47 PM

Default RE: DANG! Split limb!

Bummer dude.......get 'er fixed man!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Banned

That is exactly why I have two bows. Who knows when you may need a backup one; especially on an expensive out of state or Canada hunt. Hope it is repaired quickly.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

That is exactly why I have two bows. Who knows when you may need a backup one; especially on an expensive out of state or Canada hunt. Hope it is repaired quickly.
Exactly!

Hope the people at Diamond take care of ya in a timely manor!
Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats to bad. I got a Diamond Poison if your looking for a back up.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can have my wife's Alpine set up for me in about 5 minutes so a back-up is available to me. I just wouldn't be comfortable hunting with it tonight. If I do go on an out of state trip I would have it ready and I'd be practiced up. I don't have much ethics where hogs are concerned but I need more than a couple of shots before I hunt them with a different bow.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Greg.

Did you call Richard?

Plus remember if it is going to take a bit of time to get her fixed up I have no problem with youborrowing my Black Ice seeing we have that 3d shoot next week end.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't get a chance to talk to Richard. I spoke to someone there named Brian. I'll bring it in to them tomorrow AM. He said he may take limbs off a bow they have there. So I may not need the loaner. Plus I'm afraid to shoot it. I'll want to buy one!
One a different note I sat the climber tonight. Saw the boar we've been after. I chose not to shoot him with the smoke pole. I want that pig to fall to an arrow. If anything else had come in it would be on the smoker tomorrow. I'll give ya a call tomorrow when I leave the shop.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:10 AM

sorry to hear about that buddy.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Greg.

Did you call Richard?

Plus remember if it is going to take a bit of time to get her fixed up I have no problem with youborrowing my Black Ice seeing we have that 3d shoot next week end.
Now there's a buddy!!Your Diamond will get fixed it just takes a little time. Take advantage of Ausie-guy's offer and enjoy shooting that Black Ice.

Quick Reply: DANG! Split limb! UPDATE W/PIC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.