Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How big is your bowhunting world?

Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How big is your bowhunting world?

Very small group, if you count guys with crossbows there are 4 of us, vertical bows there are only two, and if you get picky and only count those that have harvested with a vertical bow its just me.
I enjoy bow hunting alone, I just wish I had a buddy that could share more lessons, equipment reviews, stories, etc. Thats why I come here.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TJF

Tyler is my hunting/shed huntingpartner. In a few yearsBritney willbe hunting with us. The deerwon't have a chance then!! Love hunting with my kids.

Tim
Tim, I hear that ..my "loaner" days are pretty much over.. I cant even get out of the house tonight to glass.... without two boys standing here holding thier camo clothes..EXPECTING me to take them.. cant say no! can we... alright..till after dark.. gotta go..

Old 06-08-2007, 09:48 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: shed33

ORIGINAL: TJF

Tyler is my hunting/shed huntingpartner. In a few yearsBritney willbe hunting with us. The deerwon't have a chance then!! Love hunting with my kids.

Tim
Tim, I hear that ..my "loaner" days are pretty much over.. I cant even get out of the house tonight to glass.... without two boys standing here holding thier camo clothes..EXPECTING me to take them.. cant say no! can we... alright..till after dark.. gotta go..

LOL First it is scouting with you and before you know it... you are sitting with them when that first deer walks in their bow range.I remember my first bow deer and all the excitement. Trust me when I say,it doesn't even begin to compare to watching your kid pulling off their firstbow kill. That moment will stick with you forever!!

Tim

Old 06-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

My "bowhunting" world is kinda messed up. I have 2 groups of friends, one group hunts, the other doesnt. Me and my brother are the only archers in my immediate family, but alot of my cousins on both sides are into it as well. In fact, my brother just nought a "new: Fred Bear Obsession today!
Old 06-09-2007, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

My bowhunting world is very small as is my any thing archery related world.I do the majority of bow hunting,scouting and practicing alone.There is one friend who I will scout and hang stands with,He is quite a bit older than I so I attempt to do a lot of the grunt work for him.I have two close friends which includes the one already mentioned that I regularly converse with about bow hunting and archery related things such as equipment
and shooting.
My rifle hunting world is larger but not by much.I still do all of my hunting alone although I may arrive in an area with a friend and have us go in different directions.I am finding that there are folks who I would like to find a way to hunt with just because they are nice people and I enjoy their company.I can think of three or four people immediately who have said we should spend a day together hunting,I would like that,because that is one oof thethings that I enjoy so much about hunting the cameraderie and friendship,also I get a lot of joy in introducing and participating in the education of kids getting into hunting.I have a real soft spot for a young person who is passionate about hunting!
Old 06-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty fortunate to share my love for bowhunting with quite a few people from my week in kansas every year, to my affiliation with B&C, or the local shop, etc. I'd say 50 people whom I talk to frequently about deer hunting, scoring or scouting. 10 are real close and some of my best friends. While I haven't met any of you guys in person, this board is a big part of each year's hunting talk.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

I've been all over the map over the years. Got started hunting with family and friends back home in SW PA until I moved to NC for 10 years (yea, graduate school) of college where I only hunted the primitive flintlock season each year in PA for deer (day after Christmas).

After school I moved to SE Wisconsin and got back into lots of things. Casual deer hunting with a rifle, ducks, geese, squirrel, doves.lots of wingshooting (I teach shooting lessons at a local trap and skeet club)

Over the past five years I have become a turkey hunting fanatic, trying to hit several states a year (tough on the pocketbook though). Also I've started to half-hearted hunt locally with a bow, the problem of course is finding land to hunt on.

I currently hunt turkey with my wife (one time a year!), my brother (still back in SW PA) and two good friends from work. So I guess that is about 4-5 folks. I try most years to go back to the PA northwoods to a cousins abin each year for the gun deer opener where there are 6-10 of us that get together once or twice a year (family and friends).

My current goal is to meet some good guys that are willing to share a lease with me somewhere in WI. Its tough going even with all the folks I meet at the gunclub.

Anybody out there in my area (WI, IL) looking for someone to get involved? I'm very serious when it comes to my hunting, and as I said I'd like to get into more bow-hunting deer opportunities, but I'll never give up my passion for spring turkey. This year I hunted six states and was blessed to have spent 21 mornings in the glorious woods!!

Send me a PM if you want to talk more or have any info to share about a lease!

Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is small also. I love to hunt with my brothers and dad but that only happens once a year on a paid pheasent hunt. Other than that its by myself. But this year I will be able to hunt with my son. He is in for alot of hunting wether he likes it or not.