Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How big is your bowhunting world?

Old 06-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How big is your bowhunting world?

Between team members and friends I would say about 20 guys, with 10 I see regularly!! Walt
Old 06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

My older brother and I are hunting partners.I spend more vacation time with him then I did my wife.There's also about 5 other guys that shoot with us on a regular basis.We all shoot and hunt with recurves and longbows
Old 06-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

My hunting club has 8 members, seven of which bowhunt. But do to different schedules and the distance of our property I dont get to hunt with those guys as often as Id like. I hunt with one or two of my 3 closest friends the majority of the time.To me keeping the gorup small always works out better.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is myself an aboutthree others that arededicated to bow hunting. I do know a few people at the bow shop but that is about it,oh an my taxi that I have to go get my deer mountnext weekend.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:36 PM

I hunt alot by myself and spend the rest of the time hunting with my buddy MOmightymite. Other than that, about 8 or 10 other people that I hunt with a few times a season.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

A whole lotta friends, my son and hunting partner. some of the guys on our lease. some relatives also.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow

Although I stick to myself I have a pile a friends. We have shot Archery league for almost 18 years now. These guys are all older than me, but we all get along.

From working at Cabelas I grew my hunting group by a lot. I now have Friends in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Minnisota, Kansas, WV,Texas,Neveda, Ohio and a soon to be Idaho. Who are going to be real close to Shed33. I keep in contact with all of them.

As for local lengend I have been called many names Shocking I know
Old 06-08-2007, 07:20 PM

I am , like the majority of the guys that responded , a loner when it comes to bow hunting. I have 2 good friends I hunt w/ occasionally but I belong to a lease they don't belong to. I spend 75% of my archery time there and they aren't allowed in.
Most of the time our schedules conflict or we'd hunt more often together.

I am not a shop kinda' guy at all. I do all my own work and buy my equipment from myself. I shoot a winter 3 spot league some years with a buddy down the street , but since I'm not a regular with that crowd they don't have much to say.
I have a very reliable partner for rifle season though. My wife is with me then. Or should I say I'm with her.

To give it a number.....I'd say 6.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt mostly by myself, but I have2 close friends that are almost as addicted as I am. Then there are a couple more guys that may get out a few times a season. But don't put much effort into it. More to scout for gun season than anything else. And a couple more that would hunt more oftenif they had time to spare.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I would just soon hunt alone but Tyler makes me take him a long.

Tyler is my hunting/shed huntingpartner. In a few yearsBritney willbe hunting with us. The deerwon't have a chance then!! Love hunting with my kids.

I have a buddy who comes up once a year for a friendly bow hunt. He is a very decent guy and I enjoy that.

Rifle hunting with a group for many years has turned me off to it now. Just too much hassle and headaches.While help the boss and a B-I-L but that is about it.

Don't do 3D or league.

I am not anti social in the least but when it comes to bowhunting the more not the merrier.

Tim

Quick Reply: How big is your bowhunting world?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.