Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How big is your bowhunting world?

Old 06-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How big is your bowhunting world?

Just the 3 of us. Me myself and I.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:16 PM

Very small. I elk hunt with 2 other guys and one fellas son and that is it. I do all of my deer hunting alone and tend to like it that way. Not many people bowhunt here so hard to find somebody ya like to hunt with and frankly i like it better on my own.We do not have a range/club and the shop i deal with is 4 hours away. Just me and the critters usually.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot winter and summer archery leagues and shoot 3D tournaments. There are only about 35-40 members in our leagues. I usually shoot 3D tournys with about 4 different people. I visit the pro shop maybe once every month or two...so not very much. I'm quite content with my group.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as hunting, not too many. My father and I, my bud Dan (APAJaws) and his dad and Dan's grandfather. That's about it that I actually hunt with........there are a lot of guys at the shop or when I am at a local competitive event that we share quick hunting stories with but they really aren't hunting buddies, more of archery buddies.

Now in terms of the guys at the shop I work/shoot for and the competitive side of things I have a pretty big circle of true friends and a whole lot more friendly aquaintences. I end up at most of the local events here and try my best to get involved with a lot of the social parts of the sport of archery in all venues. Competitive archery is clicky (spell?), the spotties hang with the field archers, but not with the 3D'ers, and the FITA guys hang alone usually, the 3D'ers hang with other 3D'ers and hunters but rarely are acceptedwith the FITA/Field/Indoor guys..........very few people hang out at all venues.I have somehow found a way to participate in all of these andhave met a lot of great people this way and learned a TON. I can honestly say that the best friends I have made in the last 4-5 years have all been in the archery world somehow.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Bartender

Old 06-08-2007, 01:32 PM

Old 06-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dad, Brother, 2 Nephews, My friend Bob .....
Old 06-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

small, mostly close friends. mabey 5 people i hunt with often
Old 06-08-2007, 02:03 PM

Hunting right now only 2 my wife and myself, my Dad who hunts but doesn't bow hunt, is taking an interest and wants to buy a bow to start bow hunting with us. There are 2 other guys that hunt the farm that we do but I wouldn't really call them hunting buddies.

Archery I don't shoot in any league but I try to shoot every day. My Mom and her boyfriend both shoot with us once every couple of weeks.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say I am a lot like rybohunter...I don't have a lot of archery connections. Only one person in my extended family shoots archery and I think I somewhat got him interested in it. I have two friends that bowhunt with me as well. Most of what I know I have learned on my own or though this wonderful site!

Quick Reply: How big is your bowhunting world?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.