Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gettin' old.....don't see as good as I used to

Old 06-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Gettin' old.....don't see as good as I used to

Still in the novice stages of bowhunting and archery.....so this might be a dumb question (which would be appropriate).

When I look through my peep at my sight ring (I center the entire sight ring...not a particular pin).....my pins seem "elongated". I know my eyesight isn't what it used to be....and glasses help to some degree when I shoot 3D.....but not to the degree "I" want them to. I want to see the pin more clearly.

What is the solution? I don't want to have to fool with hunting with my glasses on.....and, honestly.......even the glasses don't accomplish what I'm after.

I need a 'lil help, guys.

Sincerely,

Gummer
Old 06-08-2007, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gettin' old.....don't see as good as I used to

Gummer? Shoot with both eyes open.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Moho....

I do shoot with both eyes open. I'm using a .019 top and second pin....and I really don't want to have to got to sight pins that remind me of a child's set of keys.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear you Jeff. I got them damn floaters that bounce around in my eyes. If bigger pins would help I would do it.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I hear talk about "lenses" and "accentuators" (guys, don't laugh....that's what comes to mind ).....and there has to be a way to correct this. I want to be able to hunt with it, too.

In the overall scheme of a 30 yd or even a 40 yd shot.....it's not been a big deal as far as accuracy. It's just annoying. I'd like to have a totally clear sight pin picture before I pull the trigger.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lasik?
Old 06-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

BB....If my sight limited me more than it does....I'd look into it. I wear progressive bifocals at my desk.....but I'm not restricted to them for driving or everyday "life".

I have found that.....lately....I can discern the decline in my eyesight. I can still spot a hot lady on the beach through hordes of lesser creatures.....at distances unfathomable to mere mortals and my wife.

But....that elongated sight pin bothers me.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, what you're referring to isa clarifier that is commonly used in combination with a lens on competition sights. They can clear up the blurry pins giving you a clear view of your target and the pin. I would use one myself, but it doesn't bother me too much because I have good eye sight and the largest they come in is 1/8".

Check it out:

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Archery_Equipment_-_Supplies/Archery_Peep_Sights/Specialty_Archery_Super_Peep_Kit/Page_2/PEP2038903.html

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Archery_Equipment_-_Supplies/Archery_Peep_Sights/Specialty_Archery_Super_Peep_1_x_8_Aperature_-_Number_1_Lens/Page_3/PEP195102.html

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Archery_Equipment_-_Supplies/Archery_Peep_Sights/Specialty_Aperature_Super_Peep_Hunter_1_x_4/Page_3/PEP2270604.html

http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Archery_Equipment_-_Supplies/Archery_Peep_Sights/Specialty_Aperature_Verifier_6_Apt_1_x_4/Page_3/PEP2270704.html

Added more links including one for a 1/4" hunting peep.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a different problem...

Everytime I look through my peep, I see GMMAT? Sometimes he's in the kitchen with his family, other times he may be alone in the family room. Usually it is dark out side and I'm hiding in the shrubs...

It's weird I tell ya, weird...

Just kidding man...

Quick Reply: Gettin' old.....don't see as good as I used to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.