Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do?

Old 06-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default What to do?

I planned on using my old bow for 1 more year then next year I would buy a brand new one. Well I got my bow out last night at the string was broke. I also need new sight for it. My old bow is maxed out at 48 and I can pull 62 so I think its time for a new bow. I dont want to stick a bunch of money into my old bow and retire it after this year. Should I stick it out one last year with the old one or update. I have the money I though I would just get 1 more year out of my old bow. Thanks
Only 99 days to go!

Die Hard
Old 06-07-2007, 09:21 PM

Default RE: What to do?

go for the new bow in my opinion...if u have the money and u practice a lot u will be comfortable with it for this fall...and remember u get what u pay for. the poundage isnt every thing but that extra poundage will bail u out if u miss and catch part of the shoulder...keep the old one though just in case.......**** happens
Old 06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say go for the new one if you were planning on it relatively soon anyway. Like you said, no reason to sink a bunch of money into something just to replace it next year anyway.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd pick up a decent used bow if I were in your shoes. For the amount of money you're gonna soak into a new set of strings/cables, and in a new sight, you can get a pretty nice used bow. Check AT's classifieds, or ask around on here. I know you could get yourself a pretty nice setup here, a whole lot cheaper than you'll find at a pro shop.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:49 AM

new bow
Old 06-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's kind of like putting a new engine in an old car,
putting a new CPU in your old computer, or buying
a new picture tube for an old tv. It's probably best
to go ahead and sink that money into something new.