Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many tags can you buy there?

Old 06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How many tags can you buy there?

Here in oregon you can only buy 1.
So i was wondering how many tags you can buy and if you can shoot a deer for every tag you buy? I was also wondering if you can shoot more than one a day in your area?

Please say your state, limit, and daily limit.

thanks
Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 PM

Default RE: How many tags can you buy there?

In MO, our "regular" archery tag is good for 2 deer and 2 turkey. You can take 2 bucks, but only 1 can be before rifle season.

We can buy unlimited doe tags.

The buck rule is the only rule that really applies. If I have 10 doe tags with me, I can shoot 10 does in one day.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my area of SEPa, WMU 5-D, you can get unlimitedantlerless tags and kill as many as you want (one tag for each) in a given day or season, which they just added four more weeks to.One buck perseason though.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:38 PM

same for me in 5-c
ORIGINAL: early in

In my area of SEPa, WMU 5-D, you can get unlimitedantlerless tags and kill as many as you want (one tag for each) in a given day or season, which they just added four more weeks to.One buck perseason though.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Bartender

Here in Wi 2 per day due to CWD area. It is earn a buck which means for each doe you kill you may kill a buck.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Ontario its one tag (one deer) for all seasons, but we can party hunt (fill another hunters tag if they are hunting in the same bush at the same time). By default your one tag is a buck tag, its a lottery to see if you get an antlerless tag (basically an "any deer" tag).
The exception to this is a few areas with additional tags available, they are sold 1st come 1st serve, usually but not always they are archery only, but they are antlerless because they are only sold in areas where they are trying to reduce populations.
For those of you that can shoot multiple deer thru long seasons, re-read the above and count your blessings.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Unlimited per day per season for antlerless in suburbs of Md. I think I can get 6 bucks but I know it requires bonus tags and two antlerless deer per extra buck in the season. I don't pay attention that much because I'm very picky.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey BHB, not trying to be a wise guy but you can look all of that up if you go to the top of the page and click on RESOURCES. There are links to all the DRN web sites so with some research you could find that info for anyone, anywhere. It is a great source of info if you are thinking about an out of state hunt.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

Please say your state, limit, and daily limit.
Illinois, NO LIMIT on Antlerless-Only tags with NO daily limit

However, the limit on Bucks is 2, regardless of weapon.

Thus you can buy as many over-the-counter Anlterless-Only tags as you'd like. You can also buy a couple General Firearm tags and a pair of Muzzleloader-Only tags plus there's also a special Antlerless-Only firearm season after the close of archery season in mid Jan. IL like their Doe seasons!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

A Tennessee Liscense for my Section gets me 3 tags. Only 2 can be bucks. Thats only for my unit though. It varies across the state.

Quick Reply: How many tags can you buy there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.