Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many tags can you buy there?

Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How many tags can you buy there?

I just shoot until I run out of arrows.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

MN 5 deer only one witch can have antlers.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Fork Horn

As of now here in Alabama it's 2 does or 1 buck and 1 doe per day, no tags required, with the purchase of a statewide hunting permit. I hear that may change this year to a max of 3 bucks per season. Seasons run from around Nov 15 to Jan 31. These limits are for most of the state. Certain counties have shorter doe hunting seasons. Thats about 140 deer per season. Check it out and bring plenty of arrows.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

here in maryland i think its somewhere around 42 deer...1buck one doe with each weapon in region a then region b its 2 bucks an 10 does with each weapon(must kill 2 does before 2nd buck). some areas its unlimted does
Old 06-08-2007, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

In NY you can get 3 tags, when you get a supper sportsman, (2 bow/muz 1 either sex, 1 antler less), (1 gun, Antlered only) with that you are able to also apply for 2 antler less permits (lotto system) so 5 total if your lucky. You can also transfer 2 antler less permits each year, so 7 if you can find anyone to give up their tags.

Now in my area if I fill a antler less tag I bring the head to a check in station they will issue me 1 more antler less tag for every antler less deer I shoot in that area (this is bow only area) check in stations are only open Wednesday and Saturday,

I average getting about 2 to 3 extra tags a year so my tag count is up around 6 to 8 a year
Old 06-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Dominant Buck

NC (Don't hold me to the Eastern zones regs)....but...

In my zone....it's 6 tags...2 of which are antlered deer tags. Also...once your antlerless deer tags are filled...you can recieve UNLIMITED doe tags upon request (new rule, this year). Limit of 2 deer, per day.

Eastern zones are 6 tags.......4 antlered deer....limit 2 per day.

All unlimited doe tags are issued for private land, only (deer must be harvested on private land).
Old 06-08-2007, 06:12 AM

in mass you get 2 buck tags and one doe tag through the mail but your real lucky if you fill both buck tags you see more does then bucks so people useually get 1 or 2 more doe tags the guys i go with dontwe only usually fill 2 or 3 doe tags a year this year only 2 and we would like to see them shut doe off for 2 or 3 years so the population grows up but thedaily bag limit is how ever many tags you got
Old 06-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

Here in Wi 2 per day due to CWD area. It is earn a buck which means for each doe you kill you may kill a buck.
Actually it is 4 per day. You can start getting them in late August and you can realistically get almost 500 by the end of the season. And yes for every doe you shoot they will give you a buck tag. Oh and NO COST to these in the CWD zones.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

In Ohio..geez you could get lots "O" doe..you'd have to move around to different areas..But you could get plenty of tags the problem is each tag is another 26$.

1 Buck State-wide per hunting seasonregardless of weapon. (another $26 for either sex permit)
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

In PA as a non resident but a State land & cabin-owner..still treated as a non-resident even though I pay taxes including school tax..I have to wait to apply for Doe permit. This means my area 2B is sold out and I have to hope to get into a neighboring area with more permits and get lucky!

Quick Reply: How many tags can you buy there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.