Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How good should we be?

Old 06-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How good should we be?

ORIGINAL: TJF

I hunt for me bottom line. The only contest I get into is HNI's. If winning a contest was my main drive, I would be 3 for 3. I am 1 for 3 because I didn't put an arrow in "any " buck for sake of the contest. Granted I will do my best to put a big buck down but it isn't for the contest. It isn't for bragging rights. It is for me!! The HNI Contest is a blast though. You get to see how other's hunts are going from all over this great country of our's where you would not otherwise. You get to know 9 people a little better or at least the ones who post. It is basically a fun contest.

Hunting is a time to get away from the other pressures of life. It is a great enjoyment at many different levels for everyone. Hunting is who we are. Your reasons for hunting are about the same as mine from reading your posts. When my hunting is based on pleasing others and not pleasing myself... I would quit. I only hunt for me.

Tim

Tim, I think were on the same page here its about our kids... I get the biggest kick from when my son picks something up that I taught him or even better when he does something on his own while were out in the woods/waters with no pressures while being in the outdoors!!!!! To me thats life!