Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

trail cams

Old 06-07-2007, 07:28 AM

Default RE: trail cams

did that one make it through last season, because he should be a great buck this year
Old 06-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pic GMMAT.

I agree completely that the more $ you spend does not necessarily = better pictures when it comes to game cams. I have a Wildview 3.0 with a standard flash ($125 or so) and a Cuddeback with the IR flash ($450 or so). I actually have enjoyed the Wildview better. The battery life on it isn't great, but I can buy a ton of batteries for $300. I am not a fan of the IR flash. I like the night time flash pictures MUCH better. I also have over 1,000 pictures off of it and I have yet to catch a glipse of a deer that seemed to care at all about the flash. JMO and experience though. I know some have different experiences.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too have a moultrie GameSpy and really like it. It takes great pics for the price you pay for it. Moultrie is coming or just came out with their 2007 line and the trigger speed for these cams aren't an issue any more. If I am not mistaken, the trigger speed is now around the 1 second mark. For the price of this camera, I don't think you can go wrong!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would strongly advise you to spend a bit more than what it takes to buy one of the cheap bottom of the line digitals. I have experiemented with digi from Leaf River, Moultrie, Stealth, Cuddeback and Cam Trakker and have collectedmany thousands of images. Of the dozen trail cams I've owned, the Cam Trakker model has proved to be the most impressive with the Cuddeback just under it. Fasttrigger, excellent camera and image quality, all kinds of user friendly options and quick and easy set up.If you're going to buy a commercial cam that I suggest getting one. However, IF you feel like a project, you can build a comparable homebrew for only about $200. Good luck
Old 06-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Dominant Buck

W.T.F......

I never saw this buck during the '06 season....in 46 sits. I also know that it had split brow tines.....which, to some, would make it a 10-pointer.

I have neighbors who own one acre of land......and that's the only acre they have permission to hunt. They killed two 10-pointers and at least one 8-pointer off God's Golden Acre (if you believe that), last year.

So.....If I had to hazard a guess......I'd say he's a goner.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I havea digital Stealth Cam and love it.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a nice deer GMMAT
Old 06-07-2007, 08:02 AM

man that sucks he would have been a bruiser this year. good luck with your bet with Ed
Old 06-07-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cuddeback IR's ...had them out last night.. mine are going in this weekend..
Old 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I have a moultrie 200. I had a cuddeback....but didn't like it....due o the battery issues.

I only use mine on my mineral site (now, exclusively)....and only to "inventory" the deer I might be hunting for a particular season. At my mineral site.....trigger speed is not an issue.
I also use a Moultrie. The trigger speed isnt the fastest but they are really affordable and i really like the 6V battery as opposed to the D cells...

Right now at BassPro.com you can get a Moultrie 3.1 for $80 and then a solar panel for $20 so you dont have to charge it. I just ordered three today

Quick Reply: trail cams

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.