Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I QUIT

Old 06-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I QUIT

Stick with it Mr. If i can anyone can. I quit 16 years ago when the wife was pregnant with our first born. Good luck!!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Stick with it Mr. If i can anyone can. I quit 16 years ago when the wife was pregnant with our first born. Good luck!!
Now there's a great reason to quit. My wife and I are quiting this together so I pretend to be strong for her. Deep down I admire her for not wavering.

The BIGGEST reason we quit is our kids. Alyssa - 10 and Alex - 8 were repeatedly asking us "DO YOU WANT TO DIE???" every time one of us would light up in front of them. We never smoked in the house so it was always outside where the whole neighborhood could hear them.

My kids go to a private Catholic school and the faculty drills it into the kids how bad it is to smoke. And man , are they nasty about it.
Try taking a drag when your child is looking you in the eye asking if you want to die.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you have the best COACHES you could possably have (kids) Gotta be around for em you know!! You earned my respect , now stick with it. after awhile you wont miss coughing up those lung cookies either!! Have a wonderful evening!!
ORIGINAL: archer58

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Now there's a great reason to quit. My wife and I are quiting this together so I pretend to be strong for her. Deep down I admire her for not wavering.

The BIGGEST reason we quit is our kids. Alyssa - 10 and Alex - 8 were repeatedly asking us "DO YOU WANT TO DIE???" every time one of us would light up in front of them. We never smoked in the house so it was always outside where the whole neighborhood could hear them.

My kids go to a private Catholic school and the faculty drills it into the kids how bad it is to smoke. And man , are they nasty about it.
Try taking a drag when your child is looking you in the eye asking if you want to die.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went cold turkey and got off the cancer sticks 30 years ago. Even after all those years, I still get an ocassional urge for a smoke. It gets easier to ignore though, as time goes by.

Snuff was a LOT harder to quit than cigs, but I whipped that'n a couple of years ago. Watching my brother in law die of throat cancer made quitting a lot easier.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are a bunch of quiters!

Haven't you ever heard of "sticking it out"?

"Going gets tough the tough get going"?

"light'em if you've got'em"?

Doesn't any of this mean anything?

Quiters...
Old 06-07-2007, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tobacco screws up your mind and makes it so you can't spell so good.

It's Q-U-I-T-T-E-R-S.

[8D]
Old 06-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I don't use tobacco...

Must have been that glue I was sniffing?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just remember to not give in...not even once (that how you got started in the first place)
Old 06-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Spike

Congrats!! I quit for 4 years cold turkey. Stick with it
Old 06-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

[Yeah, what he said quote]ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Tobacco screws up your mind and makes it so you can't spell so good.

It's Q-U-I-T-T-E-R-S.

[8D]
[/quote]

Quick Reply: I QUIT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.