Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well, what about this year?

Old 06-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well, what about this year?

Well, I'll go ahead and aim high:
1.a P&Y caribou
2. help my wife get her first deer
3. a mature whitetail off new (to me) public ground in Ohio
Old 06-04-2007, 11:55 AM

I'm hoping to get a buck with a bow or flintlock this year. Of course if a nice one walks by during rifle season I'll definently shoot.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'mgoing to put forth more effortfrom allaspects of my archery huntingthan I have in the past5 years. My boys are older now, we've settled into our new home,new county etc. I've really got a betterhandle on the 1000+ acres I can hunt around my place, some private some fedral.

For the first time since I was 14 years old, I may not log this summer. I really want totake the summer off for family and whitetail prep. I've needed to log/work in the past, I may be able to enjoy my summer vacation at home and scouting the woods soley this summer.

1. I am going to extend my shed hunting into the end of June. I had a great weekend this past weekend in a few norths, finding a couple dandy mature buck sheds. pix to post from home..later

2. I've started shooting every day andglassing every evening. I will put my game cameras out next week once I am off work teaching.

3. Simply put, since 07 started back in Jan... I've tried to put in more time and effort than I have in a past, ever. So far I feel like I am on track. The year before my first son was born I logged 250 days in the woods, scouting, hunting shed hunting etc. That year led to some very nice whitetail buck kills on bucks I got to know pretty well. I want to eclipse that year in effort..and let the chips fall where they may come fall.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

My goals are similar to what they've been the last couple years.

1. Take a 120+ or 3.5+ older buck
2. take 5-6 does
3. take at least one deer with my longbow

Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty simple...put a mature buck on the ground in my new Iowa land.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never tagged out with a bow, I hope to do that for the first time. To doso I will need to kill 2 bucks and 3 does. The bucks will have to be quality bucks for my area. Last year I killed a spike for my first bow buck. I won't kill another spike. I also killed one doe and a 7 point.
I also hope to spend more time in the woods with my wife this year. She may never shoot at a deer but she is willing to shoot a hog.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

To take my first deer with a bow.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

To let that 120 something buck walk that was just too tempting last year on opening day in IL. I know that there are bigger deer in the area and this year I will wait for one of the big boys or eat my tag. Assuming I get a nonres tag for IL.

I would also like to kill a nice buck from my neighborhood, I see some nice ones around here but I think they lay pretty low during huntin season.

It would also be neat to put mobow on a good buck. We have plans on huntin together some this season.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

My goals are similar to what they've been the last couple years.

1. Take a 120+ or 3.5+ older buck
2. take 5-6 does
3. take at least one deer with my longbow
That is just about my exact goals but add a deer on there for my better half
Old 06-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

My goal is what I did last year, a Pa doe for eating, a buck from Pa and a buck from Alberta. Only this year they will both have to be P&Y bucks or they walk.

Quick Reply: Well, what about this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.