Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sheds from known bucks?

Old 06-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sheds from known bucks?

Has anyone found the sheds from a buck you have on film or were after this year? I found 3 sheds, but none were from known bucks. All were from bucks I had never seen before.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sheds from known bucks?

FH
Old 06-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck farm hunter: We found ten sheds this season, none were from bucks we had seen, and we had seen alot of bucks. I have quite a few sheds, and none were from bucks we had ever seen.I havelooked very hard for sheds from somebruisers we had spotted each season but have not been able to come up with there head gear either. Im starting to think they hide em somewhere [8D][8D]

EDIT to my own post::
after posting my reply it dawned on me, a couple months ago while looking at my buddies game cam pic album, i came across pics of a buck that i had found one side of. I thought i had found a dandy six pointer, BUT pics dont lie, its actually a nice buck with one weak side, i call him the corkscrew buck and i would shoot him in an instancebecause of hisuniqueness. his beam has a corkscrew in it.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Tyler and I found 245 sheds this spring. You think out of this pile we would have found some sheds to bucks we had scouted and gotten pictures of last summerbut no...

Tyler did find an old match setfrom the year before of a buck we gota videoof late last summer...

No idea if he made it though as we didn't find his sheds for this year.

We did get a fewsheds to bucks we hadseen while huntingbut no pictures of the bucks.

Tim
Old 06-03-2007, 11:17 PM

ORIGINAL: TJF

Tyler and I found 245 sheds this spring. You think out of this pile we would have found some sheds to bucks we had scouted and gotten pictures of last summerbut no...

Tyler did find an old match setfrom the year before of a buck we gota videoof late last summer...

No idea if he made it though as we didn't find his sheds for this year.

We did get a fewsheds to bucks we hadseen while huntingbut no pictures of the bucks.

Tim

Old 06-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Typical Buck

WAY TOO COOOOOOOOL

ANY SETS?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:09 AM

i found a couple small sheds from known bucks
Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TJF

Tim

Old 06-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

TLF, how much ground did you have to cover to find those 245 sheds? Man there are some nice ones in there!!!!!! Do you have some kind of winter deer yard in your area?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ofmy sheds I can only really place one of them to a specific animal, it was a deer thatI killed 3 seasons after finding the shed.

Quick Reply: Sheds from known bucks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.