Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Going Old School with Chuck Adams.....

Old 06-02-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Going Old School with Chuck Adams.....

Okay, so the article by Chuck regarding aluminum arrows has me thinking. First, he is one of the voices I pay attention to...his record is second to none. Secondly, I'll admit that I just don't shoot my carbons to the same level of accuracy as back in the day when I was shooting Easton XX78 2314's. That being said, what do you aluminum guys fletch with? What newer age fletching is considered top notch and have you ever tried Blazers with aluminum? Thanks for the replies.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Default RE: Going Old School with Chuck Adams.....

I am currently using blazers with 2213 aluminums and they work very well. I normally use feathers and will most likely go back to them. However if I were to decide to use vanes again it would probably be the blazers. I have not tried quick spins yet though.

The blazers shoot very much like my feathers do as far as control. I fletch both with a Arizon Easy fletcher with a some offset.

Paul
Old 06-02-2007, 03:12 PM

Thanks...wondering about Quick Spin Speed Hunters?
Old 06-02-2007, 03:50 PM

I use blazers with XX78 2312. Works great for me, ive also tried some 2117 that a buddy gave methey shoot good to.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was wondering if there is really that much or a difference between XX75's and XX78's?
Old 06-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

I was wondering if there is really that much or a difference between XX75's and XX78's?
yea 3
Old 06-02-2007, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Red Boar

Secondly, I'll admit that I just don't shoot my carbons to the same level of accuracy as back in the day when I was shooting Easton XX78 2314's.
Why not?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: MDBUCKHUNTER

ORIGINAL: Red Boar

Secondly, I'll admit that I just don't shoot my carbons to the same level of accuracy as back in the day when I was shooting Easton XX78 2314's.
Why not?
Good and fair question...not sure I can attribute it all to the arrrows. I used to shoot a new dozen 2314s into the same hole...but then I had 20-year-old eyes and now have 40-year-old ones. Slower, heavier arrows did seem easier to shoot though.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:07 PM

That's cool. Just thought I would ask.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Still shootin 2314s, have been for 20yrs. I have never seen the need to shoot carbons. And I still shoot my 5" vanes, could go smaller but I haven't seen the need to change that either. Been OK with old school for a long time now. I will leave all the new fangled stuff to the kids.
Gselkhunter

Quick Reply: Going Old School with Chuck Adams.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.