Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Going Old School with Chuck Adams.....

Old 06-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Going Old School with Chuck Adams.....

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

Chuck is using aluminum arrows because Easton is paying him to do so. Let's be honest here!
I said it in the other Chuck Adams thread,
You can't argue his track recordno matter who it is that is paying him, the manis a killing machine. That statement is a mute point IMHO.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rickmur,

The only reason I can see it not being a moot point is that people want to know what the greatest hunters use. It's like the look in the golf bag in the back of the Golf magazine. I mean, to an average guy like me if I see Chuck Adams using aluminum when there are so many advanced carbon arrows out there, it makes me go hrmmm.

It's not that it is wrong for him to accept endorsements, but when you know someone is using something because of an endorsement, you tend to discount it. Again, looking at golf, those clubs might say "Taylor Made" on them, but they are almost guaranteed to be a specially made set custom tailored to a pro that you can't get in the store.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

Rickmur,

The only reason I can see it not being a moot point is that people want to know what the greatest hunters use. It's like the look in the golf bag in the back of the Golf magazine. I mean, to an average guy like me if I see Chuck Adams using aluminum when there are so many advanced carbon arrows out there, it makes me go hrmmm.

It's not that it is wrong for him to accept endorsements, but when you know someone is using something because of an endorsement, you tend to discount it. Again, looking at golf, those clubs might say "Taylor Made" on them, but they are almost guaranteed to be a specially made set custom tailored to a pro that you can't get in the store.
Agreed...true, he is receiving an endorsement...but his reputation and his livelihood depend to a degree on the equipment he chooses. I am pretty sure he wouldn't put anything in his quiver that he doesn't have complete faith in. His arguements for aluminum arrows are strong and make sense...doesn't mean it is right for everyone, however, I think he says what he believes. (This is no different from professional golfers...sure they get paid for playing certain equipment, but they make a living by winning and if they didn't have faith in certain equipment it would be by the curb and not in their bags.)

Old 06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

I was wondering if there is really that much or a difference between XX75's and XX78's?

I used to shoot xx75 2213 a few years ago before i switched to carbons, i did buy xx78's once and they dented and bent up just as well as my xx75's did if not easier?? But my aluminums did shoot great! If i was too buy some more aluminums i would be getting some more XX75's!
Old 06-05-2007, 03:50 PM

I don't think easton pays Chuck as much as you guys think they do. I think he shoots what he likes. If he wanted to shoot carbons he would be and I am sure easton would be fine with it.

I don't doubt for a minute Gold Tip or some other carbon company has tried to lure him their way but he didn't do it. And if I had to guess it wasn't the money.

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Old 06-05-2007, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

I don't think easton pays Chuck as much as you guys think they do. I think he shoots what he likes. If he wanted to shoot carbons he would be and I am sure easton would be fine with it.

I don't doubt for a minute Gold Tip or some other carbon company has tried to lure him their way but he didn't do it. And if I had to guess it wasn't the money.

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Agreed, Paul...if you read his books you'll remember that he started with nothing and it has always been about the hunting for him. That's what makes him so admirable. There is also much to be said for loyalty. As Paul mentioned, I am pretty sure he could have been jumping ships over the years and most likely could have made much more money. Kudos to Chuck.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:03 AM
Banned

use a crown, either paint or vinyl, and that will assure your fletching or feathers will bond with your arrows

carbons penetrate deeper, i don't know why, they just do, but with todays high powered compounds being what they are, were really talking about how deep they sink into the ground on the other side of the lungs aren't we ?

shoot what you shoot BEST, don't worry about anything else
Old 06-06-2007, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive been shooting 2314s since I started bow hunting back in 97 and they havent let me down. Its a bigger shaft arrow with great durability and accuracey. I will stick to them even though id really like to try some carbon aluminum or aluminum carbons but dont want and cant afford to spend much money at all at this point. When i started bow hunting i was shooting the 78's and they were great now im shooting the 75's and find that they arent as duarable as the old 78s that I was shooting. But again, they havent let me down.