Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Going Old School with Chuck Adams.....

Old 06-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Going Old School with Chuck Adams.....

I too, shoot XX75 2314s (20 yrs)and fletch with 4" Arizona vanes. I like the fact thatI don't have to worry about them exploding and piercing my hand like I've seen several pics of on this site. Yes, call it old school, butaluminums perform nicely for me.I've wondered what the diff between XX75 and XX78 is also?
Old 06-03-2007, 07:20 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

I too, shoot XX75 2314s (20 yrs)and fletch with 4" Arizona vanes. I like the fact thatI don't have to worry about them exploding and piercing my hand like I've seen several pics of on this site. Yes, call it old school, butaluminums perform nicely for me.I've wondered what the diff between XX75 and XX78 is also?

According to Easton's site, the 78's have a guaranteed straightness of .0015 (best in the industry) and strength (psi) rating slightly better than the 75's. Whether it is noticeable, I do not know. For the little extra, I always got the 78's.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Red Boar, intresting.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now ya'll got me thinking that I need to fletch up some aluminum shafts and give them a go. I have some XX75s out in the shop in 2117. I got them for my nephew but he might not see them now. He doesn't need new arrows yet anyway.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:27 AM

xx78's use a different alloy so they are bit harder. That is about the only difference. And xx78 you can get in thinner wall thickness than xx75's.

As far as quality control and specs it probably makes no difference at all. I shoot whatever I can get cheap to be honest.

Paul
Old 06-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im with Paul although everyonece in a while i buy some expensive things just to try them out.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck is using aluminum arrows because Easton is paying him to do so. Let's be honest here!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

It doesnt mean what hes saying is a lie.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

Chuck is using aluminum arrows because Easton is paying him to do so. Let's be honest here!
I don't agree. Doesn't Easton make carbon shafts that he could be endorsing just as easily?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinkin somewhere between Early and WKP.

It seems like Easton moves a lot more carbon and would have a lot more profit margin with their new carbon stuff. So pushing aluminum now doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. While its likely Chuck Adams (who is a great hunter no matter what equipment he uses) would choose endorsed equipment when its not that different from the others, i.e. Easton carbons over Gold Tip carbons (why not do that?), I'm not sure I understand the aluminum thing. Maybe he really believes aluminum gives him the best chance to take game. Or maybe, since Easton kind of has the aluminum market sowed up (or at least that's my limited belief), it is worth it for them to push aluminum with a much larger share of the market (when compared to carbon).

I quit using aluminum just because everybody else did. So of course I assumed carbon was better. I'm not switching back to aluminum, but it is still interesting. There, Easton's evil genius marketing scheme failed. [8D]

Quick Reply: Going Old School with Chuck Adams.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.