Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting over bait

Old 06-01-2007, 05:09 PM

Default hunting over bait

ok i know this is a hot topic here in mississippi but (i dont wont this to get out of hand) how many here hunt over bait. bait as i see it is corn,green field,deer attraint,or any thing to make the deer stop and eat,or smell. and i have noticed that most of the hunting seen on TV the deer is eating something when shot. just wondering what most here do..
Old 06-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: hunting over bait

Time for the

But me yeah I hunt over bait and dont have a problem with anyone hunting over bait as long as it is LEGAL just the same if someone don't want to hunt over bait it is their choice
Old 06-01-2007, 05:49 PM

i dont care if you do or don't just wondering how many do vs don't don't wont to get in argument about it
Old 06-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do, but just curious, why is this in the tech forum?
Old 06-01-2007, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I do, but just curious, why is this in the tech forum?

If I don't tag a Mulie in September this year I may attempt baiting whitetail in November.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:57 PM

Yup.

I hunt near a Soy Bean Field/Corn Fieldand frequently use day time drippers and scent canisters.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt over 8 and6acres cornfield and 50 acres of clover untill rut then move to the woods.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's something I'd like to see in one of these posts......

If you're against baiting.....please note your PERSONAL experience with the practice.

Here's a shocker.....It's perfectly legal to bait deer in NC. I hunted over bait, occasionally, my first deer season Bowhunting. I don't hunt over bait, any more.....because (in my opinion).......It is EASIER to kill deer when they are NOT over bait.

That probably wasn't what people expected.....but it's true in my PERSONAL experience.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kshort

bait as i see it is corn,green field,deer attraint,or any thing to make the deer stop and eat,or smell.
Are you serious??? [&:]

Is there ANY whitetail hunting that wouldn't be considered "baiting" by your definition above???

I promise, by your description, I don't know ANY deer hunters who don't bait!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

In VA it is not legal to hunt over bait, or even feed deer during hunting season.

I did break this law in my own back yard, well sorta. We have a bunch of bird feeders, corn and sunflower seeds were included, so the deer would come and eat it, but I didn't hunt there.

Scent is bait as well, but is legal where I hunt so I use it. I have found illegal piles of corn on my fathers property that is frequented by poachers, so I destroy it without the poachers knowing. Soon as I found it I took off my sweaty tee shirt and hid it near the bait under some leaves. When I came back during the season I put human hair all around it. The corn just sat there and turned to compost.

We all break little laws here and there sometimes on purpose, sometimes not. However, it is my opinion that hunting over (food) bait is crap. But if it is legal, who am I to say one way or the other?

KP

Quick Reply: hunting over bait

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.