Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Viper vs. Goliath

Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Viper vs. Goliath

If you've hunted out of both of these....or....only the Goliath....I'd like to hear from you on whether or not you think it's worth it for me to make the switch. I can put my son in the Viper.....no biggie....so I have a home for it.

I'm 6'/200#'s....and the Viper is actually comfortable. Is the goliath MUCH more comfortable?

Interested.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Viper vs. Goliath

Lots of room in the goliath. I'm 6'1" at 250 plus. It has so much room that I was contemplating buying the Viper top last year.You can tell the size difference when you put it on your back.I have the front and side bages on it as well as the foot rest. Comfort is the same IMO, just more roomy. It's a big stand to get on the tree as the reach around to grab the cable is a further reach.I thinkI'm going to go with the Equalizer made by the old Buckshot sompany. http://www.huntingnet.com//forum/tm.aspx?m=1525964
It's about the same size as the Viper but they have plans to make a larger model (2" wider) sometime around the 1st of the year so I don't know what I'm going to do yet. MyGoliath might be up for sale if I do get anEqualizer.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Goliath is a great stand. A little extra room is never a bad thing especially when you have knives and stuff hanging off your belt that can hang up on the smaller Viper. Exact same base on both models just different upper units.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have not tried the viper, but have no gripes with my goliath. I WAS 228lbs being 5' 10" but have whittled my way down to 195 lbs now and getting my but into shape. had plenty of room in the goliath then, but more now. It is a comfy stand.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Dominant Buck

I WAS 228lbs being 5' 10" but have whittled my way down to 195 lbs now and getting my but into shape.
That's OUTSTANDING!

Congratulations.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you, the down side is none of my close fit anymore
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I WAS 228lbs being 5' 10" but have whittled my way down to 195 lbs now and getting my but into shape.
That's OUTSTANDING!

Congratulations.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That isn't a bad thing. You can always get new clothes, and hey, you'll live longer to wear them!
Old 05-31-2007, 12:26 PM
Dominant Buck

SMALL price to pay. You done good, man!
Old 05-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agreed!!!
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

SMALL price to pay. You done good, man!
Old 05-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have both... I do like the Goliath a bit more being a bigger guy.... 6" 240lb. I like not feeling all squeezed in. My brother in law takes my viper normally and I use my Goliath. They both comfortable... just more "wiggle" room in the goliath. My favorite stand.

Quick Reply: Viper vs. Goliath

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.