Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey WKP Todd

Old 05-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Hey WKP Todd

Diesel post got me thinking

What can we expect from WKP this year?

Todd Produce a great hunting Video for 2006. I really enjoyed it and I think he has a great idea. Here are some thing I would liketo see.

1.Weekly updates of your progress on the Web. Short clip of what you are doing and where you are. To go along with your field Journals
2.Public land kill, Todd hunted Public land in his forst video and I would live to see him(or anyone) nail a monster in Public ground.
3.Website to have q & a form.
4."What is in the bag" segment. Golf has this, great to see what guys are using.
5.To be really out there put a GPS tractor on you, so we can dind all your hunting spots[8D], LOL Just kidding

Just some thoughts
Old 05-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey WKP Todd

Hey Germ,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I greatly appreciate the comments and suggestions. I'll try my best to address each of them for you!

1. Will be working more and more toward this type of thing. Huntingnet has commited to working with us to create as much interactive type tools on both the site and my field journal as possible. Hard thing for me is knowing what to keep as a surprise for the video. Can't be giving everything away - and that's the tough part for me. We've got some cool stuff coming for late 2007/2008 though - I promise. I will try to write as many journal entries as possible - the video thing has consumed a TON of time!

2. We will defineatly have some public land hunts (even Michigan Public) this next season. Tough part from my perspective is putting the time in areas that will offer the greatest potential for getting on a mature buck. As you know, public land hunts in videos are pretty much "non-existent" for a reason. Unless a guy is willing to watch a hunter finish the season without filling a tag, versus "kills" on a video. I'm not too concerned with the number of kills on our videos so-long as it was a real depiction of a season. The problem is keeping peoples attention. Personally, I'd rather watch real hunts, the good and bad. Some guys like this, some don't. So - we're just doing our own thing and keeping it real regardless of the outcome! That is a promise!

3. I am working on the website with HuntingNet right now. We will have some interactive stuff on their, as well as a link to a WKP forum that will be on huntingnet. Not sure the exact finish dates for this stuff, but we are working on it and I will keep you guys updated on my field journal! HuntingNet is being a HUGE help with all this stuff for me. They deserve a huge PROPS for they're belief in this project!

4. This is something I've never been asked before. Is this something you would like to actually see in the video or journal? Keep these types of ideas coming - sometimes I get so caught up in the hunt, I don't think about some of the related things some guys may be curious about. That's a good one!

5. Not sure if I can handle dealing with another battery powered electronic device in the field. Two video cameras, wireless mic's, shotgun mic's, range-finders, digital cameras, and a variety of other misc stuff that never works in bad / cold weather is about all I can take! (remember the Iowa late season - I was getting a bit "irritated" as it was) he he he.......

Thanks again for writing and let me know if there are any other things that you would like to see!

Talk to you later -

Todd Pringnitz

Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

"What is bag" is from the golf channel

They take a golfer and show what he is using fpr the week. Cool segmant because they change every week. You guys could do the same, we all know what the typical ranch hunter is using and why[:-] Nice to see what real hunters are using and why.

As for Public land I did enjoy watching you push that buck all over Ill. Public Ground and seeing you get angry

The more someone feels apart of something the more they will get involved. This is the discount I feel with most hunting shows. I know I will never be apart of their world. Having a site I can see how you are doing(not kills) deer sightings, etc and where you are will make me feel like I am "in" the hunt with you. I am going to be doing the same thing as you. I bought a new truck and camper to hit the road this Oct. I will be going to Ky, Oh for sure. If I can squeeze Indiana in that would be great.

Good luck

Being able to see how deer are moving for your crew would be helpful. I am looking for mature deer movement.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey - I'm all for the "What we're using" stuff. Problem that I do have is making it not feel like a plug. That's why we didn't do any blantent "my XXXX arrow was to thank for this buck dieing".... he he he.... I can't stand that stuff. It's cheesy - and any serious hunter can see right through it!

Anyway, there are a few products that we use exclusively (that I truly believe make me a better hunter because of the advantages they serve over other stuff out there). We're going to do a better job of showing that stuff this year as we have a better idea who is with us, and not with us. The companies we're working with have truly stepped up to the plate to help us out because they believed in the project, and wanted to be apart of something different. They knew from the beginning we weren't doing the "product plug-o-thon" like the other guys - and they didn't care. Huntingnet, Gray Wolf Woolens, Treehopper, and Bowhuntingwhitetails.com we're all companies that I'm proud to have involved because they all represent real hunters first and foremost!!!!

Other than than - I'm actually going to be spending alot more time filming along with my cameraman for our team members. I never realized how much fun filming was - and we can capture some really cool stuff with 2 sides to a story (similar to the late sseason Muzzleloader hunt with Andy and Ed Nevar from the video). I've come to enjoy this as much as hunting!

Check out my latest journal entry, I talk about this same topic......

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=671

Good luck this season with you're travels! It sure is fun getting out and doing some exploring! Sometimes it's tough - but when it comes together, they're is no better feeling on earth! Good luck, and thank you again for the support!

WKP - Todd
Old 05-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Bartender

Sounds like some great stuff and great Idea's/Questions Germ.
I myself will be doing some entry level video this year and was wondering if we can send that in?
Old 05-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Todd kind off like Zach Johnson a solid Golfer who has no equipment endorsments. He does not want to be tied down. We as hunters see through pluggs. Just like your hunts you showed, just show it all. I would bet some are instersted in the Camera you guys were using.

Your honest comes through on the screen, why my 16 month old son loves to watch your video, and my wife likes you also. She has great taste in men
Old 05-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

She has great taste in men

If that were the case she would have married an out of stater Least Todd had enough sense to get out of Michigan
Old 05-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey I am 8 miles from the border, and I just got offered a Job in Ohio, LOL

Here I come
Old 05-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darn Buckeye that is just hitting below the belt!!!! I still live in Michigan andhunt and film with Todd, So No more Michigan jokes. Now with that being said can I move in with you any where but Michigan!!!!! Walt
Old 05-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Peakrut,

I'm open to looking at anyones footage, but quality is a huge thing. We're trying to continually raise the bar, which means all our team members have to be on the same page. Consistency is very important so that the video's flow. We will be working on improving this with every production.

Another thing to consider (not sure if you've seen the video or not), we're trying to show as much information behind a kill as possible. This starts with shed hunting, summer velvet footage, etc... The more the better, so if you are serious about getting involved, prepare to burn some tape!

Thanks for the interest!

Todd

Quick Reply: Hey WKP Todd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.