Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Next archery purchase...

Old 05-25-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Next archery purchase...

In my never ending mission to tinker with my bow until perfection, I'm trying to decide what to buy next...

New [custom] strings and cables,

or

MeanV CSS.

Which would you purchase?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Next archery purchase...

IF you don't already have some sort of shot suppresion system like an STS then I would strongly suggest getting the MeanV system! If you already have an STS then buy the strings. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 05-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

What are you trying to accomplish with this setup and what is it currently?

Both would serve you well for different scenarios......

Old 05-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

As I have a Guardian, the smoothest shootin bow around, I have no need for the STS. So go with the strings.

Or get a Guardian.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

jmbuck,

With all that high praise for the Guardian your avatar (though nice), is going to need some work, right?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bowtech factory strings are pretty good. What kind of shape are yours in? I have both Gibblet strings and a STS on my bow. I don't want to shoot it if they aren't BOTH there. If your string is still in good shape get the surpressor first,( sorry John), and then get the string in late summer when you will still have time to shoot it in before season. Although John's strings are shot in with just a few shots.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:59 PM

Buckeye - This is strictly a hunting bow. Granted, I may shoot a little 3D with it here and there, but mainly it will be a hunting bow.

Jm - I shoot the Guardian nearly every day at work, no amount of shooting has convinced me that it is any better than my Allegiance. It has the "cool" new technology, but my Allegiance shoots just as well.

Tx - These are brand new factory strings. The previous set I put probably 1,500+ shot through and we had an extra set at work, so I swapped them out. They probably have roughly 200 shots on them. I'm not necessarily replacing them because they'll shoot any better, I just want a different color.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not necessarily replacing them because they'll shoot any better, I just want a different color.
Well it comes down to fluff or function than I have custom color strings on my bow but I also have an STS. For hunting purposes I would say the STS is a solid pick.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:08 PM

Just because I won't be seen out there doesn't mean I don't want to look good doing it.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

jmbuck,

With all that high praise for the Guardian your avatar (though nice), is going to need some work, right?
I have a request in to Ryanaller, but I guess he is busy. I'll have to fix that.

Quick Reply: Next archery purchase...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.