Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

will houses hurt my deer

Old 05-25-2007, 05:14 AM

Default RE: will houses hurt my deer

it might change there travel routs
Old 05-25-2007, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

the construction might push the deer over to your hunting property
Old 05-25-2007, 06:33 AM
Dominant Buck

There's one 10 acre tract I hunt that used to have deer traveling through it.....a GREAT funnel. Then.....they built a new development across the road.

Now.....they STILL use it as a funnel.....but they've narrowed their travel route to match the new smaller patches of trees (that they utilize for cover). They've adapted.....and they're now even easier to pattern.

It "could" work to your advantage. Don't think negatively, right off the bat.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Bartender

naa house is pretty cool buy I wish I was that other doctor who is sleeping with that brunette doc.

Honestly though my first deer with a bow I killed a buck with a house about 50 yards away and the lady cutting her grass. She went around one side of the house and the deer started coming on the side I was on and right before she came around the corner I was able to get the shot off. Then 2 days later I had a huge huge 12 pointer come within 10 yards and I couldnt move. Then when I finally was able to get the shot off I forgot there was a barb wire 6 inches above the regular fence and I deflected right off of it. I later found out a chicago bear hunting right now the road got him and he scored in the 180's. [:@] But depending on whats around I would say yes or no, buthunt it and find out and let us know.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Not one bit. It's true about a dog running but that's very slim unless they have a stupid begal. They are a PIA. However, they are going to be your food plots. The owners plantith and the deer eatith. I love hunting around houses.