Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowkills and Birthdays

Old 05-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowkills and Birthdays

Germ and KS's birthday posts got me thinking... For anyone that has a hunting seasonduring their birthdays, have you ever killed an animal on it?

Mines in Oct.. Ive came close a couple times but never on my B-day.

Birthday Bucks? Birds? Bears? Bulls? ...etc
Old 05-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowkills and Birthdays

hmmm...i shot a carp with my bow two years ago on my b-day.....3/7...(nothing open but piggies) and am yet to even get one none the less on my b-day...
Old 05-24-2007, 01:26 PM

The first archery hunt I ever went on [I was only nine, I couldn't hunt] was with my dad in September of... 98' I believe. His birthday is September 10th. We got up that morning and decided to walk down a logging road near camp.

He ended up sticking a fat doe not even a quarter mile from the tent.

It was a pretty cool trip.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

My b-day is in August, so no dice there. I did manage to call my dads first turkey in for him on his birthday a few years ago.........that was one of the coolest hunts I have ever had.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot a nice 7 point a couple of years ago in NJ on my birthday, but never found him. It was a gut shot (still don't know how I messed the shot up) and a car came down the drive on the property we were hunting and he took off. We looked all over for him for the next week and never did find him. Even over the course of the season and following seasons we never found a trace of him. I've heard of deer surviving gut shots, but I don't know.

That's as close as I have come.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow kills and Birthdays

Mine is in October, very first deeri ever shot was on my birthday went to go out to my stand in the afternoon when i came over the hill about 20 yards from the stand there was a doe standing under it . It looked up at me so i figured i was busted so i drew back put the sights on her and shot her quartering toward me . She ran 30 yards stopped looked back at me stood there for a second then collapsed. Not much trailing i could see her laying there . I thought it was a pretty cool birthday present

[/align]
Old 05-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not on my bday, but I got this guy on my wifes, Nov. 9, 1996. I got the present that year!!

Old 05-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I caught a 12# Walleye on my anniversary once ..... does that count?[8D][8D]

For some reason, the wife was not real impressed ..
Old 05-24-2007, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

In '98 my huntin' buddy showed up not with his bow but his video camera. He insisted that he would hunt that day but instead wanted to film me. I told him that it was HIS birthday, Dec. 10, and that HE should be the one hunting. It turned out to be one of best hunts ever! That evening he put his tag on a beatiful buck with a 160 class 5x5 frame with a 10" droptine and a split G2! A late season b-day buck.... it doesn't get much better than that! He was right... he just should have videod ME shooting that buck that evening!
Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

My birthday is in April no kills but 3 years ago I shot a ten pointer on my wifes birthday in october.She was happy for me and I did remember to wish her a happy birthday before I told her about the buck.

Quick Reply: Bowkills and Birthdays

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.