Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for bow for wife

Old 05-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Looking for bow for wife

I have been out of the bow market for a while as I am 100% satisfied with my current bow. This year however, will be the first that my wife finally starts hunting and she needs a new bow. The one she is currently using is good enough to learn to shoot with but that is about it. Her draw length is 25" and draw weight desired is 40-50 pounds. She shoots left handed. She can already draw 40# no problem and is a pretty decent shot with an old crummy bow so I am excited to see what she can do with good equipment. This bow is for 100% hunting. What are our options? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for bow for wife

Check out the Mathews Mustang. The guys wife that owns the shop that I shoot for shoots this bow and kills deer and bear both with it.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife shoots at the same specs as yours, 40-50, 25 1/2" draw length, and Left Handed. She shoots the Hoyt Vulcan and it seems to fit her well, plus it has plenty of speed for hunting.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who's going to be cooking breakfast and cleaning the stools if your both hunting? [8D]
Old 05-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got my girlfriend (also a 25" draw) a Parker Challenger on ebay for $75. Its a 30-40#, but Parker does limb up-grades for $50.

We are looking at getting her that new Redhead XSC Micro (made by Parker as well). I shot one in BPS the other day and with 29" 3-49 ACCS that weigh 415gr that little bow at 25" and 50# threw that arrow 205 fps, which is pretty impressive for what it is.

Martin has that new small bow out now too...and if they are doing it in a lefty, the Diamond Edge is a fantastic buy.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:44 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

My started shooting with me a couple of years ago. She shoots the Browning Adrenaline and LOVES it.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Who's going to be cooking breakfast and cleaning the stools if your both hunting? [8D]
You make a valid point. Maybe this isn't such a great idea

Thanks for the inputs so far. I have my work cut out for me researching these bows, but it sure helps to have it narrowed down. Thanks again.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

my brother in law just bought his wife a mathews mustang... she love it..

Old 05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Everytime I see your title to your thread I see "Looking for a New Wife"

I keep wanting to tell you wrong site. You want www.huntingnet.RU

I sold a lot of the Browning youth bows to the ladies. The smaller grips were nice for their hands.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Everytime I see your title to your thread I see "Looking for a New Wife"

I keep wanting to tell you wrong site. You want www.huntingnet.RU

I sold a lot of the Browning youth bows to the ladies. The smaller grips were nice for their hands.
LOL. Hardly. I was lucky enough to find the one person who can put up with me. I better not get rid of her just yet

Quick Reply: Looking for bow for wife

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.