Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Buy a new one every year
0%
Every other year
0%
Every 3 years
11.90%
4-6 years
11.90%
Once the old one starts to show signs of wear/rust
42.86%
When something better comes along
33.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

How often do you guys buy a new climber?

Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default How often do you guys buy a new climber?

How often do you replace your climbing stands?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How often do you guys buy a new climber?

Fran:

I bought myself a new climber in '05. My son had an old one.....so I bought HIM a new one, last year. Without getting into mfg names.....I think mine will be in my shed and in the woods for SEVERAL years......unless something "killer" comes out.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I will buy another climber. With climbing sticks I can use a light hang-on or tree saddlein more trees that I could use a climber and not carry as much weight.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been using a Summit viper for a few years, but I thought I was gonna have to retire it, b/c she was really looking beat up(seatstrap fasteners were rusting through, cables were shredded and the metal was rusting badly)- but I emailed the mfg, and they sent me a brand new set of cables/fasteners without any problems.

I was considering bucking up for a Lone Wolf, but Summit's customer service earned them my future business. I'm hoping to net 2-3 more seasons out of this one.

Before the Viper, I used a Loggy Bayou since the early 90's. I still have it, but ruined way too many hunting clothes hugging shagbark hickory trees and shredding the chest/arms. I bet I used that loggy for 10 years straight.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I get a new one every time my wife lets me. [8D]
Old 05-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I buy lots of lock ons and ladder stands, but I have only bought 2x climbers. I had one climber and now APAJaws uses it because it is one of the only stands he can really use well other than ladder stands, and since he uses that one I bought a new Ameristep Non Typical and love it. I don't see myself replacing that Ameristep anytime soon unless I feel it is unsafe to hunt from. Only problem with it is that it's so comfortable I fall asleep way too much in it.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have only owned two climbers for any extended period of time since I started bowhunting. When you break that down it comes out to about one every 6 years or so. My last purchase in this category was a Summit Revolution. That particular model is no longer made but I have no reason to upgrade at this point. It is comfortable, easy to use and quiet...plus I have taken alot of deer from it.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been bowhunting 19 years and have had 3 climbers. The first few years I used permanent stands. The first was an Amacker Deer Thief that I bought used from a friend. I used that for 6 years. Then I boughta Loggy Bayou climber and used that for5 years. Then I bought a Summit Bullet which is going into its 4th year and I have no plans on buying a new climber.

I have the same problem with the Summit as RJ has with his Ameristep. It's hard to stay awake when you're so comfortable.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:28 AM

I HAVE SAME PROB. WITH 9:30 NAPS. I INSTALLED A SEAT BELT TO MY SUMMIT. I CINCH MYSELF TIGHT TO SEAT AND DON'T RESIST THE SLEEP MONSTER. REMEMBER YOU CAN'T KILL 'EM ON MAIN STREET!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Summit Goliath and it only has one season on it, but I love it. I don't see it being replaced for any reason very soon. Just need to put new shrink tube on the cables.

Quick Reply: How often do you guys buy a new climber?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.