Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
GM
37.50%
Ford
19.64%
Dodge
12.50%
Toyota
16.96%
Nissan
6.25%
Isuzu
7.14%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Truck For Germ - Poll

Old 05-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Truck For Germ - Poll

Hey....Fair enough....but one thing your comparison says NOTHING about is reliability.

Like I said....we have over 150 vehicles in our fleet.....and we've experienced FAR fewer maintenance issues with the toyotas. It's also compelling evidence when we go to resale them. The Toyotas bring TOP DOLLAR......while ALL others pale in comparison.

Motor Trend's gonna spread the love.....and I'm guessing Toyota has won their fair share of awards through the years, too.

Idrive a Tundra EVERY DAY (that my company owns)......and my wife drives a Yukon MOST every day that we spent our own money on. In terms of "down time".....there's NO COMPARISON. I've put brakes on the Tundra........(and tires).....and nothing more. I've had burnt out lights issues with the GM product since I bought it.....and I've had to rplace brakes, an air conditioning unit.....had to repair an electrical issue.....and as far as the overall "tightness" of the two.....AGAIN...the toyota is head and shoulders above the Yukon. We've had similar results with our Co. fleet.

I'm not making this stuff up. If I thought the GM was a BETTER product.....we wouldn't look elsewhere when it came time to make a purchasing decision.

We buy what WORKS, for us. It's a business decision. I can drive whatever I want, next.....and the full size Tundra will be the one.

You're right about one thing, though.....public perception shows that the Toyota is a better vehicle. Why do you suppose all these Americans feel this way? A mfg. dynasty is NOT built overnight or in one year model of one line. Toyota's been writing the book on "quality" for MANY, MANY years.

Iwish it wasn't so......but that doesn't change the way it "IS".
Old 05-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's simple, if you want a nice smooth ride buy a Chevy. If you want to tow heavy loads buy a Ford. Gospel
Old 05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hey....Fair enough....but one thing your comparison says NOTHING about is reliability.
GM stand behind their products with a 5 year / 100,000 mile warranty.

Toyota's warranty is 60,000 miles. I think that says something about reliability.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn I love my Toyota ..... Toyota Tundra T3 Limited Edition

The other vehicles look nice too, but in my eyes, nothing looks as sharp. My opinion of couse.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:01 PM

Nothing but Ford, that is all I have ever owned and have never had a problem.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

holy kielbasa this thread exploded after I signed of!!!

Germ, see how much we all love ya!!!!

Have you decided anything yet??? <<subliminal message ..... GM!>> [8D]
Old 05-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

GMMAT is right about Toyotas quality. My wife has a Camry with 100,000 miles on it. Never have done anything to it but change the oil and buy tires. There are no rattles, air leaks, or broken interior parts. It literally drives and rides like it did when she bought it new. I bought a Z28 Camaro the last year they made them (2002). The car runs like a scalded dog, very fast. I have 18,000 miles on it and have had to replace the window motor and front brakes. Going down the Hi-way there is a bit of wind whistle where the window meets the T-tops. I love the car but in comparrison to the Camry for quality the Yo wins hands down. The Camry had a 6 year 100,000 mile warrenty when she bought it.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

GM first then a yota
Old 05-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

GMMAT is right about Toyotas quality. My wife has a Camry with 100,000 miles on it. Never have done anything to it but change the oil and buy tires. There are no rattles, air leaks, or broken interior parts. It literally drives and rides like it did when she bought it new. I bought a Z28 Camaro the last year they made them (2002). The car runs like a scalded dog, very fast. I have 18,000 miles on it and have had to replace the window motor and front brakes. Going down the Hi-way there is a bit of wind whistle where the window meets the T-tops. I love the car but in comparrison to the Camry for quality the Yo wins hands down. The Camry had a 6 year 100,000 mile warrenty when she bought it.
I am just going to guess the workers in the plant did not put there best effort into the car. Being they were about to loose their job[]

A camaro fits you to a tee Motown!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would stay away from the late 90's or early 2000's GM smaller suv type or pick-ups unless they've had the tranny replaced. I know too many guys with 1996-2000 that have had tranny problems once 85k-100K miles.

I myself have a 2000 Blazer ZR2 it's been a great ride I have99,000+ miles on it. (only owner) and yep 2nd-3rd gear is slipping Estimate from yesterday is $1650 to fix. My cousins 96 tranny went. A buddy in bow league spent $2200 on his 2001 tranny..and a guy I golf with has a 2000 with the same problem as mine with 90K miles.

The tranny guy saysGMS of the lighter class are plagued with this weak transmission problem.

Quick Reply: Truck For Germ - Poll

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.