Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Hunting Rig

Old 05-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Hunting Rig

ORIGINAL: Germ

Preach

I wrote the code that test the Transmissions for GM for 6 years. I know things, LOL

I am looking a Silverdo tonight
AHHHHH the Tranny ..... the WEAKEST link in the Dodge Trucks ....... did I mention that I would get a GM?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Preach

I wrote the code that test the Transmissions for GM for 6 years. I know things, LOL

AHHHHH the Tranny ..... the WEAKEST link in the Dodge Trucks ....... did I mention that I would get a GM?
In 95 I showed are test system to Dodge, I think they were having issues, LOL

Dodge is still way better than ford[:'(]
Old 05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Preach

In 95 I showed are test system to Dodge, I think they were having issues, LOL

Dodge is still way better than ford[:'(]
I don't agree .... the new Ford trucks are exeptional ..... the ole' straight six Ford wouldn't die...... I HATE Dodge though ....
Old 05-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I have an 05 Dakota, Club Cab, V-8, 4WD with the towing package. It is a little hard on gas. Strange thing about that. When I got out of Maryland and started driving up here my gas mileage jumped 1.5 mpg. Things are a little further apart and no stop and go. I do love the truck but you better realize it's too small for a lot of things, like carrying oversized things. The beds are small.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would get a Silverado with a 8ft bed!!!!! Sure is nice to be able to put a sheet of plywood between the wheel wells!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:06 PM

I have a landscape business, and have had to own a lot of trucks over th eyears.I tried them all, and have to say, hands down, that the Chevys have been far superior, in every way. Fords start to need everything replaced, except the engine after 75-80k miles. Fords have transmission problems, especially in the Powerstroke diesels. I tried to go around that one by getting a 5 speed, and have had to put in a new clutch about every 30k miles--at a very hefty price! Dodges--just not in the same class as either--especially the Dakota. GMC or Chevy and especially the Silverado is definitely the only choice.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

You wont go wrong w/ a GM...

My huntin rig is 13 yrs old w/ 200k miles on it. A 2500 Chevy Silverado Diesel.... she still prrrrs like a champ, and runs amazing...

If your lookin at a new truck still go w/ chevy.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I looked attwo chevy's, and they were not what I wanted.[:@]

Does anyone buy a regular cab 8 ft bed anymore[&:]

I found a Dakota Club Cabfor 8500 and is a 2001 with 51,000 miles. It has the 4.7 8 in it.
I have awhile so I am going to wait a bit. Chevy is my area are way over priced. 101,000 miles extened cab for 11,500, I laughed

Old 05-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 4.7 in my '03 Quad Cab. I'd recommend the V8 over the 6. Things I love about the truck. Power out the wazzu. Hauls trailers like they aren't even there. Rides great. Handles great. Sometimes I actually forget I'm in a truck.

Things I do not like: Electrical issues. Bought the truck new and here's the list:[:'(]
Clock Spring
Fuel Pump
Starter
Windshield wiper motor
HVAC fan
Luckily happened during warranty. Nock on wood.

One more thing fails electrically though and I'm getting a Toyota Takoma. I live near the city and don't need a full size. [:@]

As for the Fords. The coils are on the top of the spark plugs built into the wire. He's had to replace every one of them since his warranty expired. After he bought it the alternator went. When the guy looked at it at the dealership he found out it was rebuilt. Evidently, Ford sometimes uses rebuilt parts for their new vehicles!!!! What kind of crap is that.

People who have Chevy's like them. GM models though not so much.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Spike

well the way the gas prices are in illinois here at 3.55 a gallon. Ill be biking it to the woods this year, if it gets any higher, but hey it might get me off my duff and lose a few pounds. william daughenbaugh pecatonica illinois

Quick Reply: New Hunting Rig

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.