Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much bow an gun pressure does your area get?

Old 05-19-2007, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much bow an gun pressure does your area get?

ORIGINAL: TFOX

We have a huge gun hunting party opening weekend with many hunters participating.
Hunting isn't just about the time in the field.
I agree,we have a big opener on gun season too, our camp is all family has been since 1946.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many of you are starting to see tons of Outfitters and NR lease pressure in your area? Some of the areas I hunt have properties that may see over 50 bowhunters per season! [&:]
Old 05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oct 10th through Dec 1 RIFLE SEASON... The whitetails and elk here get pressured hard anywhere there is a logging road..
Old 05-21-2007, 12:02 PM

There is little to no hunting pressure from the opener of bow (second weekend in September)until opener of Firearms season (first weekend in November) on the public and private land I hunt in MN. Deer are usually very skittish after firearms, after the army of pumpkins have been through. It seems like within a couple weeks after firearms has closed, it will again pick up a little.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

PA game lands. Need I say more.

Zach
Old 05-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt public and private land in NJ. The public land gets hit, but only close to the roads. Once you get back in a ways you have some good action. The private land is some that a friend has exclusive rights to and is good enough to bring me along. Some very nice hunting there.

In PA I hunt both public and private too. The public land gets slammed, but I still see deer. Again, the further you get off the beaten path the better off you are. The private land also sees some pressure, but from fewer people.

If it were easy, it wouldn't be hunting.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

We have a lot of seasons and a lot of hunters in PA so in general things get slammed. My personal areas that I hunt are as follows
Area #1-light to moderate bow hunting pressure, but its not that big so if you don't know what you are doing you are going to alrert the mature bucks early. Light small game pressure during the bow season. Rifle season is a 3 ring circus with the place being pushed 8 days out of our 12 day season, and at least hunted every day. Late season-non existant pressure. The surrounding properties are moderate to heavily pressured in bow, small game and rifle.
Area # 2- Despitethere being stands hung every 50 yds covering the entire property, I rarely see anyone during archery season. Gun season I'm not completely sure about as I don't spend the popular days there, but the gun seasons in that unit are incredibly long so its a TON of pressure.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my area, besides family/buddies, there is very light bow season pressure. Come gun season though all hell breaks loose. After gun season, the bowhunting isnt very good.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:51 PM

QDM Only Works if your neighbors practice it too.
People that shoot at anything they see are Redneck Trailer Trash and normally hunt anywere they so please wether its posted or public.
Prosecute all Trespassers and this will stop the problems.
Conseravtion is the key to Trophy Bucks
Old 05-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Dominant Buck

There are areas that get quite a bit of preasure, but then again there are so many fricking deer it doesn't really matter. I have a few places to myself for the most part.

Quick Reply: How much bow an gun pressure does your area get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.