Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To my friends here on Huntingnet

Old 05-11-2007, 04:10 PM

Default To my friends here on Huntingnet

Hello everyone I just wanted to drop by to say hello to everyone and let you know that yes indeed Pa Hardwoods is alive and well. I know I have not been posting here much in the past 5-6 months. Well I have had a lot of changes in my life. Well first off my wife of 5 years (we had been together for 11) decided she would like a divorce from me back in december. Well anyone who has been through a divorce know how much a toll it takes on you. And mine is a "nice divorce" if there is such a thing. No lawyers nothing like that. Just splitting up property equally. Well of course that leads to me having to sell my house and having to move into an apartment. And then when I think I have gotten back on the right track. I end up getting laid off from my job back in March. What a nice kick in the teeth huh.

Well some good things did end up happening to me. on a chance meeting I have met a wonderful woman, who is everything I have ever wanted, and get this. When I started telling her about my archery addiction she became very interested and I now have her shooting and she loves it. So much so we have a bet that if she beats me in a vegas round I have to wear a Pink shirt and next years state championships that says "My girlfriend shoots better than me". LOL fat chance that will happen. But I must say she is a very good shot, must be her teacher huh. Oh yeah she won't let me shoot against her for the bet with my coumpound, I have to shoot my recurve while she shoots her compound.

Well anyway with all this free time I have I have resumed fishing again after a 5 year layoff and have been doing a lot of turkey hunting here in PA, Or should I say taking naps in the woods. I don't know what it is the turkeys in my area are kicking my butt. They are very quiet and I have honestly have yet to see one. Many days I have not heard a single bird. I know theyused to bethere, I saw them all fall,and I know my calling is not that darn bad. I am suspecting there may be some coyotes roaming the property I hunt due to a dead deer carcass I found opening day. And to add some excitement to it I decided to hunt them this year with my 46# Bear Kodiak Magnum recurve. Well atleast I'm getting a lot of stump shooting practice in. LOL

Well everyone I just wanted to stop by and say hi, and I promise i'll post more. Take care and God Bless.

Chad Wegner (AKA PA Hardwoods)
Old 05-11-2007, 04:21 PM

Default RE: To my friends here on Huntingnet

Glad to hear from you. Hope everythings keeps heading down the right track. Hopefully you guys out there in PA will still be able to make your fall hunting tour through MO like we talked about last fall.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

Glad to hear from you. Hope everythings keeps heading down the right track. Hopefully you guys out there in PA will still be able to make your fall hunting tour through MO like we talked about last fall.
Thanks Mo_Bowhnter, things are going much better. I just wish finding a new job was much easier. Its a tough go in my parts. As for the Midwest tour, i'm not sure if thats gonna happen or not. But i'm sure gonna try. I'd love to hunt a BS with all you guys. The funny thing is I always told my soon to be ex-wife when she gave me crap about hunting so much I used to tell her that she may not be around forever but i'll always have hunting. LOL funny how that works out.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great seeing you back on Chad. I know we talk via phone and all from time to time but your missed here as well. Glad to hear things are still going well with the new friend and my turkey season isn't much different than your own. I think it's still going to get better here in PA. We're two weeks behind or something, too many hens not nesting etc...chin up and keep at it.

Talk with you soon.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I knew someone was missing. Welcome back, hope to hear from you more regularly.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man, i hate hearing when people go thru that. but welcome back, sounds like your right on track now. I have talked to more people this season who are having there worst turkey season ever. but keep pusinng on and good luck.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:57 PM

Ya know dude, I was just thinking earlier this week, "Where the hell has PA Hardwoods been?" Honestly, I was....and here you are. Sounds like you had a rough stretch. I've not done the divorce, but BELIEVE me when I tell you I've been close. In fact, I have a duffel bag packed ready to go at all times, it's no damn way to live.

Anyway, sounds like you're doing better and lining things back up. Glad to have you back.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Chad:

I'm really happy for you. I've enjoyed our conversations.

Sincerely,
Old 05-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Glad to see you back on HNI

We will, of course, need pictures of you in your pink shirt when she beats you
Old 05-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad to see you back around, bummer about all the turmoil in life, but hope things stay on the upswing for ya.

Quick Reply: To my friends here on Huntingnet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.