Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowbird misses, update see page 3. !!!!

Old 05-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowbird misses????

I haven't missed a turkey yet with my bow , I have take 5 with archery tackle- but deer when I first started - must have missed a dozen times before settling down and still occasionally get the shakes while trying to shot one - always get the shakes afterwards - I also harvested several deer before I ever got a crack at a turk
Old 05-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Success!

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

As my season draws to an end (tomorrow).....those two opening day misses are going to haunt me until next April.
Preliminary report in from Jeff, just got off the phone with him. Earlier today he called me saying he was probably done. I told him, never give up, it can change from one day to the next so he left me a voice mail today saying although he wasn't going to go out this evening, he was headed out. Well the phone call reports he downed a bird. He can fill us all in more when he gets on line again. Congratulations Jeff, a hard well earned bird and persistance pays off. Kudos.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:51 PM

Default RE: Success!

Congrats Jeff, Look forward to the pics when you get home tonight.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats jeff way to go man
Old 05-11-2007, 06:54 PM

We still have two weeks left here in Colorado. I shot a gobbler the first week right through the middle at 18 yards with a NAP Spitfire. Never found him. I think I heard him fly across the Arkansas River. Then I shot at one two weeks ago Sunday - walking from right to left at 32 yards. Tried for the spot where his neck opens up into his body. About one inch over his back. Then I shot at one looking right at me last Wednesday. He saw the arrow coming and jockeyed his body to the left just in the nick of time. Blew a shoe box full of feathers off his right side, and a chunk out of his fan. I also stalked three gobblers yesterday morning and got to within 25 yards, but no shot through the oak brush.

Keep bringing the Remington 870 along, but haven't carried it afield yet. This is fun - and I would rather keep at it than throw in the towel and grab the shotgun. I am counting up opportunities here . . . . . I think I could have realistically killed twelve birds so far this season with a shotgun.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

As my season draws to an end (tomorrow).....those two opening day misses are going to haunt me until next April.
Preliminary report in from Jeff, just got off the phone with him. Earlier today he called me saying he was probably done. I told him, never give up, it can change from one day to the next so he left me a voice mail today saying although he wasn't going to go out this evening, he was headed out. Well the phone call reports he downed a bird. He can fill us all in more when he gets on line again. Congratulations Jeff, a hard well earned bird and persistance pays off. Kudos.
Every time I give him a pep talk he kills something

Nice work Jeff
Old 05-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Every time I give him a pep talk he kills something

Nice work Jeff
I guess a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. [8D]

On a positive note Congrats Jeff, I've yet to take my first turkey.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowbird misses????

Jeffey boy!! BAM!!page three is telling me you nailed one.Im so glad to here that and cant wait to here the story and see some pics. congrats!!honestly i got lucky on my first bow bird this season. I was some kind of shook up before the shot I think what saved me was when he was beating up the prettyboy at 18 yards , i was able to draw. then he stepped behind it for awhile giving myself a chance to compose myself a bit and go over a mental check list before he stepped out and gave me the shot at 20 yards. I know a miss is comming, but thats hunting!!