Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My 2006 whitetail from the field to finished mount.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default My 2006 whitetail from the field to finished mount.

Just today I picked up my 2006 whitetail from my good friend and Taxidermist Fritz. This is the third whitetail he has mounted for me and I am really pleased as always with the results. 2003 was the first mount he did of mine(I used a different taxi previously) for which I chose a Hilton Eppley Semi-Sneak form. In 2004 I changed things up a little bit andwent with a Full-Sneak manikin made by McKenzie and man was I happy as it looks awesome! Based on the Full-Sneaks outcome thisyearI decided on anothermanikin from McKenzie, theSemi-Sneak head down series.

Here is a photofrom the dayI took the buck on October 31st. 2006.
[/align][/align][/align][/align]Hereare a couple photos of the rack attached to the manikin.[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]Hereare a couple photos ofFritz working on the ear placement. We were going for an aggressive posture and I think he nailed it.[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]Finally, here are the completed results. I couldn't be anymore happy with the outcome, top quality work and a beautiful mount to enjoy and bring back awesome memories for years to come.[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 05-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My 2006 whitetail from the field to finished mount.

That is a great looking deer. I'm going to give you some advice though, don't shake hands with mobow next month, I'd hate for him to "rub off" on you... that could be the last buck you ever kill.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Beautiful Mount!!! I love that aggressive style that he did with the ears. Congrats!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 10:05 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for sharingthe pictures with us. Great job on the buck!!

Tim
Old 05-10-2007, 10:21 PM

Very nice Scott.. your buddy really knocked that one out of the park, that is one of the nicest looking mounts that I have seen, I love the aggressive posture. My only question is why would you get suck a "dink" buck mounted? That looks like a good solid 115" buck.... but we all know you, gonna try and pass it off as a 160" haha, congrats again buddy, he is a brute!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Site Bouncer

Very Very nice Buckeye!! I really like the pose, it's different and really relays a sense of agression on the deer...well done.

Congrats again on a fantastic deer!
Old 05-11-2007, 03:17 AM

I really like those ears , I think they make the mount. Very nice Nice!!
Old 05-11-2007, 03:40 AM
Site Buck Guru

Very nice!
Old 05-11-2007, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck and a beautiful mount Scott! He looks like he is about to kick some butt.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking buck and mount. I got mine in that aggressive style too. They look neat that way.

Quick Reply: My 2006 whitetail from the field to finished mount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.