Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Uhhhh....FINALS

Old 05-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Uhhhh....FINALS

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

you know my mother tells me that as well...that she wishes she could be in school........i think you guys that say that have been at your job for sometime and are tired of it,,...thus a change in going to school would be in your eyes "fun"......don't get me wrong but i think most of us that don't like school is not because of the learning aspect but because we have "school" on your minds 24/7...when i am out deer hunting or scouting or turkey hunting or bass fishing...in the backs of our minds we know there is a test coming up, project due, paper due or speech we need to give which in a way doesn't allow us to fully appreciate our "free time" on weekends or weedays....

while most persons who have a full time job don't take there work home with them, and don't have those types of thought lingering in the back of their minds while they are trying to enjoy a nice morning in the tree stand and a crisp day watching a monster buck walk your way....

with that said..if anyone out there wants to trade my schooling for your job...please pm me....lol

Josh
Nope that's not it at all.

If you think having school on your mind 24/7 is tough....wait till LIFE catches up to you. As we get older and have families, life gets more and more complicated. So many decisions need to be made regarding so many things from bills, to savings, to kids educations, to concerns about their health and safety, Raising them to be good,productive and honest people,your own health and safety, your parents health and safety, keeping jobs, findingand making time for your family (most important). The list goes on and on, I haven't even scratched the surface of the load of responsibility we incure as we get older.

There is a never ending list of repairs that are needed,vehicles breakdown, houses need to be kept up, your parents houses need to be kept up. As they age they will need you more and more.........Then the loss of family and loved ones who leave us way too soon and the reality of our own mortality...........

Oh yes, trust me when I say there WILL come a time when you wish you were back in school and didn't have a care in the world. As life moves on for you as itdoes for all of us, you will see just how UN-complicated and carefree your life is now. Enjoy it, you're only young once.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

you make an excellent point Big....

i don't have kids i am married and worry about most of those things constiantly...i guess i am not a lucky one when you think of a college student just going to school or maybe having a part time job and that is it....that would be nice...

i deal with almost everything you listed above. i am the one working on grandparents house and upkeep. trying to make time with my wonderful wife who is unfortunatley is diagnosedasbeingbi-polar and suffers from sever depression. having very late nights staying up with her then waking up at 5 am to get to school only to get out of school and get to work so that i can make money to pay the bills. i do live with her parents and that is a help because they don't charge us rent. trying to think of where i can save some money to get an a decent hunting year because most of it goes towards her medical insurance $500 a month not including her doctor visits and all the medicines she is on. spending time with my mother as her husband (step dad) is having severe medical problems due to his drinking.

sorry if i went on and on but the "usual" perspective you may think of when you think of a college student surely is not me, but i do wish i could just work and not have to worry about that school lengering in the back of my mind. dealing with life i find easier then having to deal with knowing whether or not i passed that test and if i didn't that could mean another semester at school. i am not one of the lucky students whos parents pay for everything. i do the repairs on my jeep paid for my jeep pay for hunting etc. etc.

i guess when you step back and look at the big picture you never really now about someone else unless you talk to them. society puts these "views" of the way things are when in fact they are not like that for the majority of us.

Josh
Old 05-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Site Bouncer

Josh,

I'm sorry you're going through all of this at such an early age, I think you in fact do have an idea of what's in store for you as you get older.....it will (unfortunately) only get more complicated. I wish you well with your schooling.

You are more the exception than the norm. There are far more fellas out there who have it way rougher than either you or I do but most only think it's rough. I was just saying that in general college years while they may seem hectic and rough....are a cake walk compared to the later years.........you unfortunately have a head start.

I look back on my college days and wonder how I could have ever complained about anything back then.I had a great time in school, I was lucky and fortunate enough to earn a scholarship and play football not only in college but theNFL. That's not to say I didn't work for what I accomplished Iworked hard (and then some)but a little luck never hurts either. When a door opened I didn'tjust go through it I busted it down.I seized every moment I could and made my way to the top. It took so much hard work, blood, sweat (lots of that),tears and pain (lots of that too)that I can't believe (looking back on it) it was even me.

Through it all I thought life was hard and complicated............I was wrong. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change my life now for anything. I'm in a time and place of my life that is exactly where I want to be complications and all. I wouldn't change it for the world.

P.S. I was celebrating acollege football National Championshipthe year you were born.....Man how time flies!

Old 05-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you BigJ,

everyones path is not the same and i am just glad i have a jeep to get me through the rough mountains (just a jeep guy). Sometimes i think of what it may have been like being one of those "normal college kids," but that is not me and I would not be happlily married and had the chances to experience all the things in life i have experienced.

just like the saying goes you cannot judge a book by its cover.....there is always someone out there worse off then you are and being happy and thankful for what you have is something more of us should not take for granite.

for all of those who are not doing to well and going through some tuff times......stay positive and know that down the road things are going to be better.....my thoughts and prayers go out to you all!

Josh