Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strangest Kill

Old 05-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Strangest Kill

Whats your strangest bow kill?

I can remember when my father shot a possom with his bow a long time ago at the neighbors front yard. Our neighbor called asking what to do and since we are not allowed to shoot guns in the city limits he took his bow. Right through the neck funniest thing i've ever seen. My kill was at our property out in west texas where I killed a beaver. They are a menace to our trees and killing all in the area. So our family opted to maintanece them!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Strangest or Funniest Kill

taking the life of an animal or otherwise is never funny
Old 05-09-2007, 05:52 PM

Default RE: Strangest Kill

It is if there are being destructive and a pest to your or anyone elses property...I would imagine you would love to see someone being arrested for keying your car or hitting it with a bat or breaking into you house and ripping up your attic? Or would you just pay the damages and move on...

And if I offended anyone by saying funny I apologize!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHuntr

It is if there are being destructive and a pest to your or anyone elses property...I would imagine you would love to see someone being arrested for keying your car or hitting it with a bat or breaking into you house and ripping up your attic? Or would you just pay the damages and move on...

And if I offended anyone by saying funny I apologize!
lol yea id love to see them arrested but not sentenced to death. totally pointless topic though, you did nothing wrong by killing a possom and beaver,but it has nothing to do with someone keying your car.just keep the funny part out and itll be better

strangest kill ive ever seen was a slaughter house gun that shota burst of air into the cows brain and killed it, and people call hunting inhumane. the pigs with electric shackles in the water was intersting as well, though i realize they dont so that anymore.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:03 PM

Yeah i didnt mean that it was halarious I just thought it was an interesting and ironic experience since it was in the front yard with a bow and had been giving my neighbors a lot of difficulties. My bad for the bad reference. I agree with the statement of killing is not funny. I hunt to have fun not to kill; dont get me wrong.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

My strangest kill would have to be the big writing spider that had made a web over my bulleseye on my target.

Another would be the 4' water snake I shot off a log while bowfishing.It was very interesting pulling him into a 12' jon boat with 3 people in it.Needless to say, I wasn't the most favorite guy in the boat at the time.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

My strangest kill would have to be the big writing spider that had made a web over my bulleseye on my target.

Another would be the 4' water snake I shot off a log while bowfishing.It was very interesting pulling him into a 12' jon boat with 3 people in it.Needless to say, I wasn't the most favorite guy in the boat at the time.
just last week me and my friend were bowfishing and walkin thought the water and he see's a water snake(we both hate snakes and ive never seen a water snake in that lake before) so he decided to try and shoot it. it was really small not much bigger then the arrow(body size) and it was only like 1-2 feet long. but he actually hit it. then he's like ok now wut do i do....lol the snake started to bite at the arrow and everything, my friend started freaking out. then the snake somehow managed to bite the string off the arrow then after he did that he fell off the arrow, and my friend was scared to reach into the water and grab the arrow cuz he didnt know where the snake was.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:58 PM

Bullfrogs and Rats.....I HATE rats...
Old 05-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

shot a dove right off my tree branch with a my recurve and tiger claw heads on flu flus. Probably the greatest shot I ever made in my life...it was seriously awesome.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Strangest or Funniest Kill

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

taking the life of an animal or otherwise is never funny
This coming from "squirrelkilla23" with a little icon like yours?

Ha....sure buddy....maybe not funny...but definately "cool".

By "funny" you likely mean "odd" or "unique", mine would have to be all the trees I have shot while trying to shoot other game.

The best one, however, would be a racoon, which I shot from ON TOP of a wood duck box I had nailed to a cypress tree. Wasn't nesting season, but he was guilty by association, nobody messes with my waterfowl and lives to tell the tale. Oddly, it pinned him right to that cypress tree. I guess it was a two for one.

Quick Reply: Strangest Kill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.