Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strangest Kill

Old 05-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Strangest or Funniest Kill

Well I didn't get it but its still a funny story. Back when i was first started to get into bowhunting, my dad and I went out in area where it was brushy but not to the point where you couldn't see the ground (open and bushy). Anyway, we had a system. There were a ton of jackrabbits out there so my dad got into the truck and would drive off to my left when I was crouched behind a large brush. Probably roughly about 30 yards give or take a few, this one JR came out. I shouldn't have tried to shoot at a running rabbit but I figured no harm on trying. I had the correct lead but aimed little too low - the arrow hit the ground and did a few cartwheels. During its little cartwheel show, the Nock end up hitting the JR right in the head and it literally stopped fora few seconds and kept looking around,trying to figure out what just hit it. I was laughing so i never got a second shot off
Old 05-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine was more of a surprise...

I'd been hunting out of a particular stand for two evenings. On the second evening the buck I was looking for entered a big grown in clearcut about 100 yards below me. So for the next days hunt I slipped down the fire trails edge to where the buck had entered. Found a nice spot in the brush and quickly brushed out a nice ground blind. Got set up and the wait was on for the evening. With the last light fading about an hour later I heard movement coming. I thought to myself, "right on" here he comes. He was walking right down the trail he had the night before. The sound of grass swishing prompted me to set up and go to full draw. He was less than 15 yards away but I wouldn't see him for another 5. Out walkedthe blackest whitetail I had ever seen. Whoa wait a minutedit wasnt a whitetail, it was a big old black bear boar. Ilet him come. He closed to directly infront of my set up and at 8 yards I blasted an ACC through his boiler room..

Pretty cool surprise and yes I had a Fallbear tag in my pocket..
Old 05-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Shed:

I would have *%$& MY PANTS.

I'm just sayin....[&:]
Old 05-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Shed:

I would have *%$& MY PANTS.

I'm just sayin....[&:]

haha...one thing about bowhunting this state..you never know what might show..
Old 05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot a butterfly when I was a kid - landed on the nock of my brothers arrow - shot it with a martin 2800 recurve and cedar arrows
Old 05-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

One of my first weekends bowhunting and I "accidentally" arrowed a stray (feral) cat.
I say "accidentally" because he was stalking a baby squirrel and I really just meant to shoot a couple inches in front of him inorder to scare him off.
The Muzzy 3-blade buried in his skull to where I had to unscrew the arrow and left the broadhead behind.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex