Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strangest Kill

Old 05-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Strangest or Funniest Kill

I'd have to say, with much irony, that my strangest kill would have to be a squirrel, or maybe a coon, don't really know.

The strangest thing i've seen someone kill, is a Dragon Fly. My dad's buddy shoot the trophy dragon fly a mere 4 feet from his arrow, from a natural ground blind. He made a perfect shot, and the fly dropped in his tracks! NOW THAT WAS FUNNY, and, A TRUE STORY!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

watched a guy hit a bubble bee flyin aroundwith a 22. only took half box of bullets but he finally got it
Old 05-10-2007, 05:47 AM

Ground hog, "chukie 3" in the back yard while practicing with my bow. He decided to play peek-a-boo and he lost. "Chuckie 4" has now taken over the brush pile. As yet, he hasn't decided to play peek-a-boo. But I practice nearly every day. Just a matter of time. (Chuckie 1 & 2 bought it by my partner a few years earlier--again to the bow)
Old 05-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

"Strange"?

'06 Piebald deer

I've only shot at deer and turkeys with my bow.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Strangest: I was sighting in my broadheads into my dad's cotton packed target when a 5-foot black rat snake started slithering out of it, but I had skewered him with one of my arrows. I like having those snakes around for barn rodents, so I wouldn't have done it on purpose.

Most amazing: My dad has a 5 acre pond with quite a few water snakes and he just doesn't like them. One was swimming across the lake (right to left) and he shot it in the head at about 40 yards offhand with his .22. One shot.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

taking the life of an animal or otherwise is never funny
Somebody watched Bambi one time too many.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Strangest overall was a 3 1/2'black rat snake that we could barely see through a 3 inch hole in the ground when I was 15. Getting him out was interesting. I didn't really think that one through.

Most interesting deer kill was a spike that I shot that seemed to be a perfect shot. He wasmy first buck with a bow. We recovered the deer nearly 400 yards later. When cleaning it found that I hit the back lobe of the near lung, sliced the heart, and and center punched the far lung. I still don't know how that little guy made it that far.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Not really funny but i shott rabbits by my parents resturaunt in two and feed them to the family of 7 baby foxes living in the woods there. I dont know how they make it the woods is the size of a Wal-mart parking lot with 4-lane highways surrounding it? They aren't even scared of me i can get within feet of the babies and throw them the rabbit. The mom runs and hids in the bushes when i come but i see her eating when i leave.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I shot a doe in 2005. She was qrt away and I pulled the trigger. She moved to the left(her backend) and the arrow entered in a whole foot of the mark. I hit her in the backof the guts. I panic because this had never happen to me before. The deer took two steps and fell over and died. The arrow went up through the guts, liver, lungs, and stop in the heart.

It was one messy gut job[:'(]
Old 05-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use to throw bread in the yard and shoot starlings (black birds)

After you shoot a couple' they get smart and are really hard to draw back on.

Very good practice for drawing on other game.

Quick Reply: Strangest Kill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.