Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
In GMMAT's new Hot spot
86.54%
Getting ready to trim some flowers
13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Is this deer?

Old 05-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Is this deer?

I wear black in a bow blind to blend in.....SO.....

Heck .....I have camo that's got tube steel lines on it (red, no less) that allow me to blend in with the monkey bars.

It's how I kill the deer I do. There MUST be a reason I killed 5, last year......other than through effort. Mustn't there??????
Old 05-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I dunno nc.......even I don't hunt under street lights...lol.

I think you're gettingmy huntingconfused with the guys who have the depredation company.....lol. I don't mind having fun .....but I really don't want anyone to get the wrong idea. I'm only joking.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know Jeff, what he's talking about is possible. In PA the safety zone is 50 yards and one of my spots is right by a big parking lot. If I'm in one of the stands that is just outside the safety zone I can see fine from the parking lot lights. I don't even need my flashlight to pack up my stuff and walk out.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Understood, Bry......and I walk by a real swimming pool to get to a spot I hunt on occasion. I hear leaf blowers, mowers, etc... almost EVERY time I hunt....and I can hear my dog barking from every spot I hunt.

My honey hole's on a 24 acre tract of land (1/2 mile from my door), though, that is uninhabited (with hundreds of acres of frmland I don't have access to behind that). Although I'm only 300yds from the nearest dwelling.....it's still a little different than most might imagine. One good thing is......I can hear the Friday night HS football games on stand without buying a ticket OR missing a hunting opportunity!(1.5 miles away)
Old 05-08-2007, 10:49 AM

I think I have all of you beat.. from my favorite stand "the pond stand" I can hear the announcements at Pine Grove Maximum Security prison (about 1/2 mile away), I can hear the planes landing and taking off from the Jimmy Stewart Airport (about 1/2 mile away), I can hear the local football games (about 2 miles away), I can hear IUP's band practice (about 3-1/2 miles away), and I can hear everybody in the neighborhoods lawnmowers, dogs, and children playing. I can also see two houses, one about 80 yards away and the other about 95 yards away. Isn't exactly the "peaceful and relaxing" spot that everybody imagines when they think about hunting but I see more deer and the biggest bucks from this stand! The only thing that stinks is when the gaswell attendants come driving by at about 60 yards!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats pretty funny
Old 05-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hell I voted for Jeff, I hunted one of those hot spots and I had to whisper for the neighbor dog to go home. He stood there nose to nose with a deer...lol Jeff's spots are awesome, it's back yards but it's WOODS! I only wish I had as many tags and as many deer to put them on. Well actually I do don't I Jeff, see ya in Sept if not b4.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Suburban hunting is great aint it?

I had one stand where on a Friday evening I could bowhunt, hear the local high school game, watch Nascar qualifying on the landowners Big screen but then the guy went and moved his big screen to the other side of the room[:@]

Had to pass a shot on a 130+ buck once because there was a pool behind him.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

look Jeff you are not alone I guess some good came out of my little joke thread!!!

Glad to hear guys are tearing it up in suburban America
Old 05-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Like I said Germ. I won't apologize for hunting where the deer are.

I coined that phrase MYSELF (describing my hunting), last year. I know there are guys who hunt VERY close to neighborhoods.......and I also know MOST would be surprised if I teleported them into one of my stands and told them THAT was "suburban" deer hunting. I just didnt know what else to call it.

Joe Brooks has a photo of one of his stands beside a school.I think Rob has one close to a school.

It doesn't bother me until someone ignorant to my methods starts passing judgement on my techniques OR my successes. But...that's MY problem.

I took it for what it was, buddy. It was funny.

Have a good one.

Quick Reply: Is this deer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.