Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heating a Ground Blind

Old 04-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heating a Ground Blind

Roskoe,

I used the buddy heater in a pop up blind and it didn't work at all. What it did do is melt the fabric on my hunting pants and only served to keep that one leg warm. It might work better in a box blind or somethign like that. If your idea is for a pop up you need to find a better way.

TT
Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 PM

THanks. I wondered if it would be too much for such a small space.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

We've had numerous deer in front of our blinds while using a Mr. Heater. They are great! We had to use this propane heater just a few weeks ago in the Matrix during the Youth Turkey season when temps plunged to single digital windchills! You can't detect any odor from 'em and there burn all but silently.

Who'd thought this would EVER be needed for turkey?

Yea.that darn global warming.[8D]

I have used the Mr heaters in these blinds with my kids during gun season but for bow hunting,I don't like the heaters.Besides,these blinds are a little tuff for bowhunting.I wouldalsothink the smell would be a little too much for getting them close for bowhunting.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Typical Buck

another option i learned from a wise old-timer at our deer camp is to use a coffee can with charcoal in it, there is a little smell at first, but after that its basically odorless. probably wouldnt do too much for heating the entire blind and keeping it warm, but for warming up the hands, face, etc, it works quite well. somethin to try before goin out and spending a buncha $ on a mr heater and propane.